Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How have you enjoyed Potterball?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My main criticism is that we didn't play well for the full match very often. We rarely started the game on the front foot and tended to just stay in match until Potter changed it early second half. Whether this is a very tactical method he introduced to attempt to finish each game strongly, I don't know. We do look better when chasing the game. The changing of the team every game and the tactics can appear he doesn't know his best team or formation or indeed gets it wrong too often at the beginning. I would like to see a more settled team that has time to gel as a unit, using the changes to drive home an advantage, much like the opening game against Watford.

Good points, away at WHU being a great example, after being second best for over an hour, they couldn’t handle us in the final 20 or 25 minutes.

I put the frequent team changes down to GP learning about all individuals within his new squad, giving everyone a chance. I’d guess that it’ll more settled in his second season.

As for formation, I wonder if GP will still mix that up, to ruin opposing coach game plans? Worked a treat at Burnley, I was surprised that we went with two out and out strikers. I bet Dyche was expecting a solid 4-5-1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here