Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] (The Hypothetical) Next Captain

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
This kinda ties in with the Lewis Dunk to CFC thread (and sorry if this has been raised already!), but say the deal goes through, we get £40m for example, who is your next choice for captain?

Lallana is a bit of a shoe in, but I'd like to see perhaps a Webster or White taken under his wing to become the real next long term captain.

Just wondered about everyone's opinions!

(P.s. Please stay Dunky!)

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In a move to get closer to the fans while games continue behind closed doors, the Albion will be inviting all STs to take part in a weekly raffle (tickets £20) where the wiinner gets to choose the captain for the next game.

I would go with Maty Ryan

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Too soon, not ready for this yet.

Too right mate. In the unlikely event of this entirely unsubstantiated rumour being true, a period of mourning would be required before moving onto such practical matters

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I've always been a huge believer that it should be a CB, but essential qualities are disciplined, high work rate and regular starter. Ryan has been the most vocal in post lockdown football followed by Webster. I think Potter may consider Maupay for the vacancy

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
I’d go with Ryan as the longer-term option.

Helps that he’s also the only player who plays every game. Potter’s rotation policy makes it difficult for a captain to be an ever-present.

Ryan is also favourite to be made Australia’s permanent captain shortly as their previous captain Milligan has retired from international football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here