Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] County cricket - a guide

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Saw this on the Twitter earlier and found it amusing, the chap who wrote it is a Somerset fan so I suspect this influences nos. 1 and 18 a little, but the rest generally feels about right. Especially about our northward and westward neighbours.

[TWEET]1290681521700065282[/TWEET]

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He's got Sussex right.

But any sensible table has to have Surrey or Hants at the bottom

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
... and Surrey

I'd have described Sussex as a team with a bowling attack to die for but with a batting line-up that looks half dead.

Maybe 'Sussex as a team with a bowling attack to die for but with a batting line-up that already have' might be more appropriate.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Excellent descriptions in there from someone who clearly knows their cricket. Surrey and Lancs spot on

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I can think of three Nottinghamshire players who have played for England in recent times who haven't come from Leicestershire. I can think of two that have.

I think Will might be a Somerset fan.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Stuart Broad, James Taylor and Harry Gurney (although Broad is Notts through and through)

Samir Patel and Jake AB all both Notts players... not to mention Harold Larwood and Derek Randall - probably the best bowler and batsman England have ever had
His description of one of the finest grounds in the world is woeful

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Oi! A relative of mine played for Hampshire and I’m sure he wasn’t posh. Although, his son is a multimillionaire.
70CF33E2-537B-4C64-960A-AEE2D4FE17E0.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here