Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Major explosion in Beirut

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wow! That just vaporised half the district.

I can't even begin to think what the death toll from that will be. Many will simply never be found I should imagine.

:nono:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Jesus, that is horrendous.

As a side note, if you've not yet watched Once Upon a Time In Iraq, you really should. 5-parter an hour a piece on BBC iPlayer, an in-depth study of the invasion of Iraq from start to finish and the aftermath, from the viewpoint of journalists, photographers, victims, soldiers, a commanding officer and many more. People who were there on the ground, and footage you just don't see on the news. Some of the stuff from Mosul and Fallujah...well. And the interview with a captured ISIS grunt...bloody hell.

Essential viewing.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Jesus, that is horrendous.

As a side note, if you've not yet watched Once Upon a Time In Iraq, you really should. 5-parter an hour a piece on BBC iPlayer, an in-depth study of the invasion of Iraq from start to finish and the aftermath, from the viewpoint of journalists, photographers, victims, soldiers, a commanding officer and many more. People who were there on the ground, and footage you just don't see on the news. Some of the stuff from Mosul and Fallujah...well. And the interview with a captured ISIS grunt...bloody hell.

Essential viewing.

Agree with all of that. On last night's episode I found the relationship of almost mutual respect between Saddam (after he was captured) and the US soldier guarding him during his trial strangely compelling.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Horrible watch :(

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bloody hell !!!! That looks awful, you can see small secondary explosions crackling away in the smoke and then.... Kapow ! It really is SOME explosion, dread to think what the death toll will be.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Wow......

Do you remember way back when in the 1980s when Beirut was in the news ALL THE TIME due to the unrest in the city? Stuff like this was going off all the time.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Bloody hell !!!! That looks awful, you can see small secondary explosions crackling away in the smoke and then.... Kapow ! It really is SOME explosion, dread to think what the death toll will be.

If the reports it might have been a fireworks factory are true, those crackling secondary explosions would make sense.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Wow! That is horrific.
I hope the casualties are minimal.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Very similar to the fireworks factory which went up near Lewes a few years back

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here