Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] I've discovered a new SAUCE

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I love BBQ food also but don't have the facilities for it sadly. Have you tried dong jerk chicken on a BBQ ?

Nope, but I wouldn't rule anything out. I've been doing fish lately - its just so quick and easy. Pretty much any fillet wrapped in foil with lemon and paprika is just....whoa.

Also a massive fan of fresh corn on the cob, foiled with butter. I can plough through that till the cows come home.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Curry I get, because its supposed to be spicy. Madras is about my limit (albeit I accept they do vary), but on the whole its got the hotness/flavour ratio about right for me. Anything north of that is just a sweaty ordeal.

But I do a lot of BBQ. I'll marianade raw chicken in a home made spicy BBQ sauce for 24 hours before grilling, and if people want to then drench it in some insanely hot chilli sauce from a squeezy bottle then I have no problem, each to their own. But its not for me. I guess I just can't handle it if its TOO hot, because it destroys every other flavour.

Oh, and on that note - who actually enjoys a peppercorn sauce on a prime piece of steak ? FFS, the steak IS the flavour, not what you drench it with. Chips are bland, thats why you need ketchup/mayo/vinegar on top. But steak ? Bloody hell.

And on another note - anyone who has steak "well done" is a fool. Bloody hell, this gets me going.

Can I give you a tip with marinading chicken ?

Marinade it with CHICKEN.

Crumble a good chicken stock cube into a bag and a bit of water with it and let science do the rest. Immense.

The best stock is actually a vegetarian chicken stock from America: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00119RNR2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Expensive but lasts for months. I brought some back from Vancouver for my mum (who knows how to cook) amd she swears by it. She rubs it all under the skin on a roast chicken.

Every day stock cubes will work. Because of their salt and sugar content they will brine the chicken if left for 24 hours or more.

You won't go back.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nope, but I wouldn't rule anything out. I've been doing fish lately - its just so quick and easy. Pretty much any fillet wrapped in foil with lemon and paprika is just....whoa.

Also a massive fan of fresh corn on the cob, foiled with butter. I can plough through that till the cows come home.

Gutted Covid19 has ruined my yearly holiday plans to Turkey. I really look forward to there skewers,BBQ's and meat, lots of it and a Bottle of wine. As for fish i'm getting more into it.

Still feel a dick when i ask a Turkish waiter to filet my fish Try filleting a fish in poor light!!!! Credit to those waiters.

Bed time for me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can I give you a tip with marinading chicken ?

Marinade it with CHICKEN.

Crumble a good chicken stock cube into a bag and a bit of water with it and let science do the rest. Immense.

The best stock is actually a vegetarian chicken stock from America: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00119RNR2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Expensive but lasts for months. I brought some back from Vancouver for my mum (who knows how to cook) amd she swears by it. She rubs it all under the skin on a roast chicken.

Every day stock cubes will work. Because of their salt and sugar content they will brine the chicken if left for 24 hours or more.

You won't go back.

Cheers CG. I shall give that a go :thumbsup:

I bung allsorts into my marianade, I don't believe I have ever made the same one twice, but a quality stock cube will give it a new twist.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Cheers CG. I shall give that a go :thumbsup:

I bung allsorts into my marianade, I don't believe I have ever made the same one twice, but a quality stock cube will give it a new twist.

Yeah like me, never the same twice. Bit like my bowel movements.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The Wicked sauce range is fantastic, i'm a big fan of their Sticky Teriyaki, the 'Mazin Mango they do is lovely too.
Superb recommendation.

Just had large dollops of their sticky teriyaki on chicken goujons in a wrap and it was bloody lovely.
IMG_20200808_184721.jpg

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
I have found a nice sauce.

Mayo mixed with curry powder is very nice in a sandwich or on other things.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here