Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] I've discovered a new SAUCE

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
snapshotimagehandler_1684669852.jpeg

**** me it's lovely. It's from Tescos and it says sriracha on the bottle but it's so much more than that.

It's tangy and spicy and reminds me of a classic kebab shop chilli sauce, and it's SHOT into my top 3 sauces*.

*Behind HP & Worcester, obviously

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Wicked sauce range is fantastic, i'm a big fan of their Sticky Teriyaki, the 'Mazin Mango they do is lovely too.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bit poncey this thread, innit.

Where's [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] when you need him to post a picture of Tesco's Value Ketchup? You people who enjoy eating tasty things are weird.

:moo:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
snapshotimagehandler_1684669852.jpeg

**** me it's lovely. It's from Tescos and it says sriracha on the bottle but it's so much more than that.

It's tangy and spicy and reminds me of a classic kebab shop chilli sauce, and it's SHOT into my top 3 sauces*.

*Behind HP & Worcester, obviously

Thanks Matt - Always keen to try a new hot sauce here so we’re giving it a whirl!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I'll stick with what I know best

View attachment 126793

Catchy little name for sure. How does that compare to Dave's Insanity sauce? Remarkably ASDA used to stock that and thought I might spice up my chili or even beans on toast. End result was proof that I am a big girls blouse.

Ended up giving it away to a mate who worked in a garage where one of his colleagues was always boasting about the hot curries he could eat. Accordingly, they challenged him to down a full teaspoon of Dave's. End result was vomit, tears and the afternoon off work! :)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Where's [MENTION=534]Chicken Run[/MENTION] when you need him to post a picture of Tesco's Value Ketchup? You people who enjoy eating tasty things are weird.

I was expecting the usual suspects to come on raving about the latest craft sauces from Saucedog.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
I made a sauce once. A mix of brown sauce and salad cream which I call “Brown Cream”. You want a 50/50 mix...not more than that of salad cream or it gets too vinegary. You could even do 60/40 Brown.

Put that in a bacon / sausage sandwich and you’re away.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I made a sauce once. A mix of brown sauce and salad cream which I call “Brown Cream”. You want a 50/50 mix...not more than that of salad cream or it gets too vinegary. You could even do 60/40 Brown.

Put that in a bacon / sausage sandwich and you’re away.

Good call. Did something similar recently with Heinz Firecracker ketchup and some low fat Helmanns mayonnaise. About 70% mayo and result is a lovely chili mayo not too hot.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Good to know that you’re easy bait Puinness Boy [emoji23], off to Wicky’s tomorrow for the weekend BBQ meat, maybe a trip to, excuse me ‘Saino’s’ [emoji23][emoji23][emoji122][emoji122] then a cycle over to Quaff for a drop of the New World’s finest [emoji6]

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
8m7hkq88qfh11.png

My longstanding favourite.

Mix it up with ketchup if you're a bit of a wuss

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports