Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Songs that remind you of your parents

Jul 7, 2003
My parents had crap music in the house. Their record collection was just about all compilations - many of them not by the original artists. My mum had a couple of Cliff Richard albums and also David Soul when he was a thing but nothing I could ever say influenced my wide and varied music tastes. They have never owned a decent music system - they had an old radiogram for many years which was about six feet wide!

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Delta blues was my Dad' music of choice. On a sunny sunday morning he'd open the french windows crank up the stereo and sit sipping his coffee and annoying the neighbours.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I guess I was lucky that my parents were quite young, and of a liberal generation . . . .being teenagers in the 60's, they grew up with great music around, and were still fashion conscious through the 70's and 80's. Whilst they never forced anything on me or my brother, veg aside! we had a broad exposure to a lot of good music. the fact both my brother and I have expansive tastes and extensive collections of music, as well as both of us performing as well ( brother DJ's) speaks volumes. I will be forever grateful for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here