Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How Many Albion Games Have You Seen?

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Must be well over 1000, as started on 1963, home games, mainly and continued all
My life. Having a 'break' in the 80's when playing Saturday football, but went to evening and early and late season games. Pretty much full on since the Archer days and only missed a few homes since then and go to about 2/3rd of away games. Seen some crap in my time to be honest, but would not change a thing, even the Archer times made us better fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I don't know. Somewhere between 400 - 600, I'd guess.

What I do know though is that I age at about 50 times the normal rate when watching a game. I reckon I must be at least 145 years' old by now.

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Saw most home games and a few away from 62 until Ieft England in 1971, since then just games when I am back in Brighton, which has been a least a game a season - though since Premiership actually see nearly every game on the box - good old Sky!!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Great question. Never really thought about it.
I'd guess at somewhere in the region of 300 games.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
From '85, Goldstone and Withdean season ticket holder. However, lived in London for over 20 years and see between 5 & 10 a season. However, Premier League ticketing has made away games around the capital problematic and now have to watch away games from home ends (which is pants except watching West Ham). Somewhere around 300 or 400, I really have no idea.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
About 300. Been to only a small number in recent years as I tend to follow via radio and TV.

Of those about a third are away matches.I used to go to the vast majority of games from 1990-1997. Missed one year abroad.

I've been to around 80 grounds, about 65 with Albion. Never been to Leeds though. I've missed a few BIG clubs in there.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
My first season was 1964 so I’ve probably seen more than 1000. I lapsed a bit during the late 80s but came back for the Great Depression ( otherwise known as the Archer and Bellotti years) and have been a season ticket holder ever since.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Since 88 ive missed 7 home league games . Dont know about away games since getting older and having more to pay out ive been to less than I did when I was in my teens

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
First match in the late 70s and been a regular ever since bar when I was away in the Navy 92-97 so I estimate 800+. My Dad has been going since the late 40s when football resumed after the war and rarely misses home matches so well in excess of 1000+ and I doubt there are many alive that have seen more over as many seasons!

Jul 7, 2003
Started end of 76/77, hardly missed a home game for the until 84/85 and did a few aways each season in that period. Then a period of playing Saturday football so missed a fair few. From early 90's had a period of doing all home games (ended up getting a North Stand Season Ticket) and around half the away games. Missed a few at Gillingham the first season but then got another Season Ticket ready for the return to Withdean and held one ever since.

Using some very rough maths, I reckon I must be somewhere in the 750 region including cup games.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Must be around 1,000. Had a season ticket since 1977 other than at Gillingham where I still went to most of the games. Did every game in 81 season when we had our highest finish.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I reckon about 350 since 1st game in 1979. Played Saturday football until age of 36 so limited me in those days. Cant wait to go again !

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
A monstrously JCL 80-90 live games where I've physically been there.

As willy-waving goes on this thread, I have a winky the size of a 20/20 vision cobbler's thumb.

el punal

I have a winky the size of a 20/20 vision cobbler's thumb.

Now there’s an expression I haven’t heard in ages. I chap I worked with spent a night indulging in ferocious carnal activity. The following morning he declared to all and sundry - “God! My knob feels like a blind cobbler’s thumb.” :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here