Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How Many Albion Games Have You Seen?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
w: 347
d: 188
l: 219

f: 1134
a: 861

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Since 1997 - around 500 I would say.

The one thing I really regret (and I'm not saying we won't ever be back there) is not going to more
away matches when we were in the lower leagues. I've had some of the best days out in Kidderminster, Shrewsbury,
Doncaster for example. Work often intervened, but I regret not taking more opportunities to visit away grounds
and learn more about the towns. I find it is a great ice-breaker when you meet people and can say you
visited the town/city etc. Not quite the same in the PL. Oh well. It' a small price to pay for where we are.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Its amazing how quickly they rack up, I'm a full JCL so first game was Southampton at home in 2012, got the taste and got my ST when the ESU opened and had one ever since.

An educated guess would be close to 175, missing a couple of league games a season because of work, adding a couple of away games a season and cup games added to the mix as well.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
1,156. give or take the odd 5 that I may have missed, overstated.

As a teenager in the 80's I religiously recorded those I went to with stats and all sorts, but now that has drifted but still have a rough count in my mind. Didn't miss any last season until lockdown. Would have been the first season I'd gone to every one I think, home and away I think, damn you Covid-19.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Started going with school mates in the mid 90's, went quite a bit during the Withdean year but only a handful of times at the Amex as I've been living abroad and the trips home never seem to coincide with matches.

I reckon.... 30-40 matches maybe? Pretty poor considering I would consider myself an avid fan and my first match was some 27 years ago.

Number of games makes no difference to how avid a fan you are. When you have the bug, you have the bug. But no excuse for not sorting out the timing of your trips to the UK to coincide with footy. Score: B- could do better :p

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Between 500 to 1000 that is a rough estimate but just to get a response from Mouldy Boots......10 more than he has attended!:D

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

The one thing I really regret (and I'm not saying we won't ever be back there) is not going to more
away matches when we were in the lower leagues. I've had some of the best days out in Kidderminster, Shrewsbury,
Doncaster for example. Work often intervened, but I regret not taking more opportunities to visit away grounds
and learn more about the towns. I find it is a great ice-breaker when you meet people and can say you
visited the town/city etc. Not quite the same in the PL. Oh well. It' a small price to pay for where we are.

Absolutely. Didn't fully appreciate it at the time, and it does mean you get the odd 0-0 in Milton Keynes (ugh).

There is something special about lower league aways, that feel an absolute world away from the Prem. In a good way.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
All of them, including the reserve games. #RealFan

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

I'm similar, some of the best times were travelling to those league two and league grounds. I've done 72 of the 92 now. And the majority of those missing are Northern teams in league two. At some stage I plan to do them gradually over a few seasons but it's unlikely (I hope!) for Brighton games.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How Many Albion Games Have I Seen? Loads. Maybe 349, maybe 439. Who knows? If I knew that kind of stuff I'd really have to start re-evaluating my life a tad. Might as well ask How Many Pubs Have You Been To? To which the answer is 768

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
How Many Albion Games Have I Seen? Loads. Maybe 349, maybe 439. Who knows? If I knew that kind of stuff I'd really have to start re-evaluating my life a tad. Might as well ask How Many Pubs Have You Been To? To which the answer is 768
:D if there is a correct answer....this is it.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
North of a 1000 I'd guess but that's what it a guess. Who'd keep count? Been going since the late 60's been going away since the late 70's not so much now, three short of the 92 which I do keep track of but been that way for years now...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Around 900 give or take. As [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] stated, it's not the kind of thing one can know or be accurate about over a large period of time, which for me started as a 5 year old on the chicken run in 1972.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Been watching for 42 yrs , man & boy :ohmy: having never lived in Sussex during that time not as many as I would have liked. Probably around 400 .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No idea but most home games and a few away from 1975 onwards without a break. I did a lot of away games for the first 20 years, now maybe 3 or 4 a season

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
First game was when Clough was in charge but didn't go regularly until 76/77. Since then have probably missed on average about 2 home games a season. Used to go to about a third of away games but in the EPL have done more. Guessing it will be in the region of 1200. Frightening waste of money!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here