Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How Many Albion Games Have You Seen?

el punal

This was a question put to me by a friend. So, without entering a “willy waving” competition, I had to rack my brains to try to remember the nearest possible number. Over the decades it’s been quite a few with glaring omissions in the seasons that I had to work weekends and/or too broke - I’m ashamed to say that happened in the 90s. Since our last days at Withdean I have been fortunate enough to be able to see the boys on an average of at least 25 games per season.

So without further a-do I estimate the total to be around 700, happy and proud to still be an avid Albion fan. :O

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I first went to the Goldstone in 1962 and have had many full seasons and half seasons, sometimes going to many away games, sometimes few. Missed only three games at the town full of dogs**t. So, over 58 years, I must at least have a badge for the Thousand Club.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
IRL... 0. Would have gone in April or May but world said no.

On TV... 36 league games + the FA Cup this season plus five or so Championship games around the Vicente years.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Started going in 88. Nelson and Bremner got me hooked. Averaged I'd say 30 home and away every season since then.

Subtract 3 years at Uni, where I probably managed about 5 per season and a couple of broke years after where I managed about 10 per season.

Around 850

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not sure I could come up with an accurate estimate. I started going around 87/88. I would say that most years I have been a season ticket holder, but there have been gaps of a year or two every so often as I get bored of the routine and need to refresh my football mojo. But I don't know which years or how many. I don't think I missed many home games as a STH, less than one a season on average. I'd be confident that it is comfortably over 500. Probably over 600.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
First game was 1989. Went a few times a year as a kid, more as a teen, not much at all during uni then sth with a fair few away games from then on really. I'd say 400ish.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Alot............(to the tune of Dunky's song) "from Carlise to Torquay and everywhere in between!"

I first went in 1973, not a clue how many I've seen though. I lived in Billingshurst then so it was much closer than Godalming but I was only 15 years old so money was an issue. Got to be very high hundreds.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Back of a fag packet calculation comes to around 900. Most home games from 85 on with a couple of seasons a bit light. Whatever games my dad would take me to pre 85. 150 or so away games and a few dozen friendlies.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
302 League games
28 FA Cup games
11 League Cup games
9 LDV / JPT games
32 assorted friendlies, testimonials, SSC games
(and yes I need to get a life for knowing that)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
First game 1979 but as a kid I only got to go if my parents' friend who took me was going. Started going away in 87-88 (what a season that was!) and did pretty much every game home and away between 89 and 94. Fewer games in the gory years. Got into serious clubbing, met my Mrs and most of my mates got banned. The Mailing List (from where I know [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] and [MENTION=314]Arthur[/MENTION] among others) got me back into it in time for a few games at Gillingham and a season ticket at Withdean with [MENTION=1663]Scoffers[/MENTION] . Moved abroad in 2002 and lived abroad for four years before having a young kid so 02 - 09 were the wipe out years. Two games a season at most. From Poyet's last season at Withers, to getting a ST with [MENTION=1663]Scoffers[/MENTION] again at The Amex, to us starting to take our own kids and expand our group to the 13 or 14 who are together in the WSU today I probably averaged at least 20 a season.

Being a sad git I came up with an average games per era, added them up in Excel and got the answer 625 :facepalm: :shootself: :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Haven't got a scooby.

First game was Feb '74 and rarely missed a home match and used to go to a few away games too up until 1983 when I moved to Lincolnshire. Came back to Brighton in '86 and have missed maybe 2 or 3 home matches per season since.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My first game was around 1961, and I haven't got a clue. I went fairly regularly when I was young, not so much when I married and lived away, and then regularly again when the kids left home. Somewhere in the hundreds and that's as close as it gets.
I have been to the majority of the grounds, some new, some old and some disappeared.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I have about 26 seasons of programme binders with away programmes included, stopped buying a couple of seasons ago as Mrs not happy as they take up a book shelf and weigh a ton. Over a 1000 games for me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here