Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
They are not trying to stir things up.

It is more that the person who was parachuted in to cover Brian Owen's holiday has no interest in football and just uses a google search of "Brighton transfer" ( or similar ) to source stories.

I'm sure the person was just googling but could very easily had a different headline for the Molumby story.
Rather than 'Molumby Issues Ultimatum' could the title of the story not have been something like 'Molumby Striving to Impress the Boss' or 'Molumby Keen to Play to get in the Irish Team'?
Just a thought.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Can we stop referring to her as a "girl" or even bring her sex into it. It makes us look pretty shit and there is enough to disagree with the badly done article without dragging us back to the seventies.

Could we stop referring to the seventies as if it was a bad decade please. I quite enjoyed them as the world was a much safer place back then. Plus we had space hoppers, Mousetrap and fondue.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Andy Naylor has just tweeted that although things can change in a transfer window , the current rumours with dunk going to Chelsea should be taken with a large pinch of salt .

I doubt personally whether Chelsea would pay as much as we value him at which I suspect is £50 m not £40 . That’s a huge amount for a defender his age .

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Not sure what to think of this to be honest.

Which is probably why Naylor is choosing his words carefully.

Chelsea need a central defender...... Dunk would fit the bill I’m sure.

However they need to sell to buy which I think stops this deal in its tracks now. I’m sure Bloom would let Dunk go for the right price to a top 6 team.... but I don’t think he will let it drag on all window which would leave us disadvantaged both within the squad and in regards to re investing within the window.

If it isn’t done quickly (which sounds unlikely) I don’t think it will be done at all.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Spoke to someone yesterday who has VERY close ties to the club and Dunk...said hes not going anywhere.

I don’t mean this in a derogatory way as I’m sure your information is genuine, but just HOW close would the ‘ties’ have to be for someone to know the ins and outs of the whether there has been bids and/or whether a player is leaving? You’d have to be pretty high up in the club to know this kind of information, and if they were that high up to know such information they really shouldn’t be spilling.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

However they need to sell to buy which I think stops this deal in its tracks now. I’m sure Bloom would let Dunk go for the right price to a top 6 team.... but I don’t think he will let it drag on all window which would leave us disadvantaged both within the squad and in regards to re investing within the window.

If it isn’t done quickly (which sounds unlikely) I don’t think it will be done at all.

I appreciate Chelsea wanting to sell a few in this window to balance the cost on incoming transfers and reduce the net spend, but I can't believe their finances are in such a parlous state that they couldn't buy a player now, and sell others in a few weeks time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I’m not so sure.

I think we have the luxury to take this to the last day of the transfer window as long as we don’t loan out Clarke.

I think we’re seeing the club holding out for a massive fee.

The problem is, how do we balance the books in the meantime, the club might well need to spend the £40m - £50m Dunk money prior to it hitting our bank accounts, if Chelsea go for another target, we’re going to be left hanging.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
That sounds like Paul Barber.

Excellent news! Now to just secure Ben to a contract extension, get a striker in and this is a great window.

+ a pacey LWB for the icing....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here