Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
An Albion fan from Lancing, who posts on here, and who DOES have links to people at the club - having been the Albion fan who 'won' Colin Kazim Richards.

Does seem to be the only reputable sauce saying it’s “on the cards”. Can’t see anyone else Itk running with it.

What will be , will be, but, I am dubious.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Would be sad to see him go and play against us but if this happens, best of luck to him.

Just hope we get a decent fee for him. Great player.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Really, really worth pointing out that the whole source of this speculation is from an albion fan on twitter with 200+ followers who claims to be ITK:

https://twitter.com/Jamrelb/status/1290222645334536192?s=20

Make of that what you will, but I'm not making much. That said, should we give him his move, which I think he deserves and would in no way begrudge him, I would have us absolutely nailed on to be relegated next season. Bottom half clubs selling their best players nearly always ends in disaster, and whilst we could probably find a player of similar quality, his role in the team and standing in the club are irreplaceable.

Yeh but the Chelsea Transfer Ban is over and it is quite clear that Christiansen won't be their regular starter next year - Lampard knows how important good solid central defenders are having played alongside John Terry and Marcel Desailly.

The only thing which makes me think it might not be valid is that Rudiger plays left side of Central Defence for the most part and Lewis has always played on the left side most of his career

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last chance saloon for Dunky to earn serious money and cement the England place he deserves, I really hope this happens for him

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Last chance saloon for Dunky to earn serious money and cement the England place he deserves, I really hope this happens for him

I know what you're saying but the rumoured 90k a week isn't to be sniffed at.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Bit too far there. I think most don’t ‘really hope our best player leaves mate!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
One was a "free" transfer and the other a release clause so no.

Well, a) it's early business, and I didn't say it was all we were doing (not that I have a say in our deals or any inside knowledge), this is a "breaking rumour" so to speak, meaning there is plenty of time for further deals before announcing he's been signed by chelsea for a nice wedge b) those two deals will still have involved negotiations that would have been tougher if they knew we had more money - a more generous signing on bonus, or wangling for a larger wage with Dunk's share of the wage bill freed up.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The curse of player of the season....

It does make sense if we are confident of a deal with Ben White + the Dutch lad that actually it takes some pressure off a 'Dunk' replacement because we've got his replacement (potentially) in already so we won't be held over a barrel if we pocket £40M or whatever

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sometimes the conditions are right for the perfect storm.....

Dunk's last chance for a big move and our last chance for a big pay day. Effectively two first team quality CBs in at the club with White and Veltman. You've even got your one for the future and one oven ready defender in his peak years there.

No one wants to lose a club captain, a player of the season or "one of our own", let alone a player who is all three. But, if it's going to happen, it's going to happen this window IMO.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
90% chance. This is complete made up twitter b******t
5% chance. The bloke on twitter is telling the truth and we tell Chelsea they can't afford him and to F off
4% chance. The bloke on twitter is telling the truth and we get what you would say is "pre covid" market rates for him
1% chance. The bloke on twitter is telling the truth and we sell for a disappointingly low figure.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sometimes the conditions are right for the perfect storm.....

Dunk's last chance for a big move and our last chance for a big pay day. Effectively two first team quality CBs in at the club with White and Veltman. You've even got your one for the future and one oven ready defender in his peak years there.

No one wants to lose a club captain, a player of the season or "one of our own", let alone a player who is all three. But, if it's going to happen, it's going to happen this window IMO.

Also, with Lallana coming in with the expectation of a mentor/leadership role, you'd have to say the 'club captain' role is covered, too. I can't think of too many other candidates that jump out, perhaps Stephens, but he's not been an automatic pick for a while. It feels like the others either haven't been here long enough or don't seem to perform as a leader. Maybe Ryan?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Dunk is not good enough for Chelsea. Quality player but not top four material. I'm calling the rumour horseshit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here