Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Exactly the thought process I’ve just had.

He’s our best player, but perhaps, given his age and our CB cover, it might be the year to cash in.

Would be a big miss though.

I can understand the thought process behind letting him go but IMHO it would be a massive error. White is unproven at this level, may be good enough, but we don't know. Veltman is the same age as Dunk again he may be good enough but our buys from the Dutch league don't exactly fill me with hope.
Duffy will probably want to go if he is not going to start more games and whilst Webster ended the season well I think it would be a massive gamble to let Dunk go.
He is our best defender by a mile and also our captain.

I wouldn't begrudge him the move but I do feel like it could have a detrimental effect on our season.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
For a Chelsea supporter whose dog is called Drogba it would be a dream move.
He would be a massive loss, but I'm reassured by the development of Webster, Burn, Clarke and White.
Looking at the season highlights of Matt Clarke at Derby County we may have a player that could be better than most of us expected.
And we've also got the small matter of Leeds United kindly allowing their best player to join us.

In the revised Covid economy I would think that anything above £35Million for Lewis Dunk would be great business.
Perhaps they could throw in Batshuyi.

And I forgot that we've signed Veltman.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We’ve all been saying that we have too many centre backs. Ironic that Dunk and Duffy, the mainstays of recent years, could both go at the same time. Whilst Dunk is a great defender, I would think that Potter would like to have a less frenetic system of defending than has been required in the past. So long as Potter has identified his needs for next season I’d be pleased for Duck who deserves to live the dream towards the end of his career.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well I'd rather it be Chelsea than Arsenal.
He is a great servant for the Albion, but the kids sometime have to leave home:thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If it does happen, I REALLY ****ing hope he'll finally take his rightful place as a regular CB in the England team. More than deserves it.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
if webster's £20M, and maguire was £80M?, dunky can't be too far short of 50, shirley

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
081B03E3-61C4-4AAD-BBDB-B49AC37D77EE.jpeg

This is the earliest sauce recently for this perennial rumour. Guy who posted it is an Albion fan from Lancing with 285 followers.
I may be wrong, but, I’m calling bullshit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
For the right amount, let him go. He deserves a top six club and I'd be happy that he would do well with Frank at Chelsea, but given some of the transfer fees for players half his quality it surely has to be £50m+?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It did seem odd we were signing players so early. Perhaps getting the 'ins' done before a big money 'out' leads to other clubs upping their prices?

One was a "free" transfer and the other a release clause so no.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I did allude to my fears that we now had too many CBs on the Leeds deluded thread earlier today, and something had to give.

So question is would you rather lose White or Dunk? We have no say but the future is probably White, if he’s as good as we are led to believe.

Will Duffy now hang around as the experienced CB is Dunk goes?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I wouldn't think bad of him if he went. I'd like him to stay but feel that the recruitment team have done a great job in defence.

He's not going to get Champions League opportunities with us at the moment* so let him go for it if they want him and can afford him**

*long term optimism
**I still expect a big wedge for him or a striker in return

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
How much money??

Chelsea won't meet Brighton Valuation; however, that said, you can't hold on to a player like Dunk if he sets his sights on going there.. Lewis is the type of player he needs to be 100% focused on where he is playing and if he wasn't then you wouldn't get the best out of him.

Personally I think, if you can talk him into staying then you don't let him go - So really depends on Lewis himself really but if he goes then I think it will be a real uphill battle to stay up next year if he leaves

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Really, really worth pointing out that the whole source of this speculation is from an albion fan on twitter with 200+ followers who claims to be ITK:

https://twitter.com/Jamrelb/status/1290222645334536192?s=20

Make of that what you will, but I'm not making much. That said, should we give him his move, which I think he deserves and would in no way begrudge him, I would have us absolutely nailed on to be relegated next season. Bottom half clubs selling their best players nearly always ends in disaster, and whilst we could probably find a player of similar quality, his role in the team and standing in the club are irreplaceable.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No brainer for him if this is true, and all being well with the fee there's no way the club would stand in his way, he's been a magnificent servant. I'd be gutted to see him leave, but would enjoy watching him flourish with CL football and hopefully England.

Those Chelsea wetwipe pricks piss me off though. "I couldn't care less if he comes from Brighton, I'd happily take him". Muggy slack-jawed mouthbreather, Dunk is twice the player of Rudiger, Christensen and Zouma for starters, I wouldn't swap him for any of them.

Tomori in part of the deal would be nice though. Or (whispers).....Giroud.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
View attachment 126777

This is the earliest sauce recently for this perennial rumour. Guy who posted it is an Albion fan from Lancing with 285 followers.
I may be wrong, but, I’m calling bullshit.

An Albion fan from Lancing, who posts on here, and who DOES have links to people at the club - having been the Albion fan who 'won' Colin Kazim Richards.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Really, really worth pointing out that the whole source of this speculation is from an albion fan on twitter with 200+ followers who claims to be ITK:

Make of that what you will, but I'm not making much. That said, should we give him his move, which I think he deserves and would in no way begrudge him, I would have us absolutely nailed on to be relegated next season. Bottom half clubs selling their best players nearly always ends in disaster, and whilst we could probably find a player of similar quality, his role in the team and standing in the club are irreplaceable.

He posts on here - he’s the guy who won the Coca Cola comp we bought CKR with. Always seemed not a bullshitter. So interesting.

But am aware the Albion are so very tight lipped at the moment I’d be surprised this got out of it were true.

I was just about to ask for a source as there seems to be a lack of links...

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

I’m not saying he is ITK but might know someone at the club.

Isn’t he the guy who ‘won’ us CKR ? So might know some people that are still at the club following that ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
An Albion fan from Lancing, who posts on here, and who DOES have links to people at the club - having been the Albion fan who 'won' Colin Kazim Richards.

How do you know he has good links? Wouldn’t surprise me, but I know how tight lipped they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here