Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
But he’d adapt, like all older players would.
Foster was a striker at Portsmouth, so it’s fair to say he was able to adapt to different needs.

However, perhaps whether the modern day footballer could adjust to playing then would be interesting.

Dunk has struggled against aggressive players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wood got the better of him recently. No ones perfect, I think he's got a bit more to come potentially, in a better team the these, but he's probably peaked with little ole Brighton. Good luck to him if he goes, but he'll hardly have a hard life in retirement if he stays

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Still think Chelsea won’t offer what we want for our captain and most important player

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Still think Chelsea won’t offer what we want for our captain and most important player

After tonight’s performance (as a distraught Lewis looks on from Sussex at his team’s annihilation at the back) they will, or in all probability, they have.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
The quality of defending in the CL has been woeful so far. Real Madrid and Chelsea, should be embarrassed. It's not any better at many PL clubs. Good old Brighton, we have cornered the market in young, quality central defenders....

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The quality of defending in the CL has been woeful so far. Real Madrid and Chelsea, should be embarrassed. It's not any better at many PL clubs. Good old Brighton, we have cornered the market in young, quality central defenders....

I think Man City and Bayern Munich can make even the best defences look terrible.

A bit of perspective needed when dishing out the criticism.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Blessing in disguise for those clubs. With the PL season resuming in five weeks time the CL is nothing but a distraction this year.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
As has been mentioned in the Ben White thread, latest rumour is that Chelsea are now interested in Ben White. Chelsea are planning to hijack Liverpool 's move for Brighton defender Ben White - and ditch Antonio Rudiger in the process. https://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk (originally from daily star on sunday)

So we could yet see Dunk and White lining up together whilst we enjoy the fruits of a 60m plus windfall

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As has been mentioned in the Ben White thread, latest rumour is that Chelsea are now interested in Ben White. Chelsea are planning to hijack Liverpool 's move for Brighton defender Ben White - and ditch Antonio Rudiger in the process. https://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-paper-talk (originally from daily star on sunday)

The daily star on Sunday, you say. ??? Today's front page headline: 'BBC hurt my Willie'. :ohmy:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That's not how the team that wins it will see it. You can be sure that's not what the likes of Real Madrid and Juventus are thinking either.

Zidane is quoted as saying that La Liga will be his number one priority next season. Of course winning any competition is a good thing but I just think that with this short pre season and transfer window the CL is inevitably less important this year. It is usually completed well before now and most teams (the ones knocked out) are able to focus on their pre season preparations.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So we could yet see Dunk and White lining up together whilst we enjoy the fruits of a 60m plus windfall

I doubt both will go to Chelsea

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Lawro was the business from the moment we signed him, even though I was just a kid I can still recall him signing with Williams. Great in the air, decent pace, a brilliant defender and accomplished passing.

Won a bucketload of the greatest honours in the game.

And would have walked into the England team.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Obviously not a complete picture by any means but odds for Dunk to Chelsea have dropped from 7/4 to 1/3 today. Money placed due to transfer rumours and their abject defensive display against Munich or inside info?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Obviously not a complete picture by any means but odds for Dunk to Chelsea have dropped from 7/4 to 1/3 today. Money placed due to transfer rumours and their abject defensive display against Munich or inside info?
Yes saw this. I know these markets move easily but this is very concerning

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Having said that White is evens to go to Leeds. These transfer rumours can be influenced by fairly small bets, but you would hope that the odds would be fading, not tightening. Seems as if Chelsea are in for everyone if you read the press.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here