Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
looks like this story is gathering pace at the moment and has a bit more ooomph than the usual blind guesses ........ unfortunately :(

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Chelsea fan and probably his last chance for a big move. Think he has done enough for us that I wouldn’t begrudge him a chance at Champions League football.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just been discussing this, away from NSC:

Don't get me wrong - we would still miss him very badly - but for the first time, with Veltman signing, Webster settling down, and White to come in, I feel that we MIGHT be okay without him.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Don't get me wrong - we would still miss him very badly - but for the first time, with Veltman signing, Webster settling down, and White to come in, I feel that we MIGHT be okay without him.

this , also think the money could be used to improve us further

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Chelsea fan and probably his last chance for a big move. Think he has done enough for us that I wouldn’t begrudge him a chance at Champions League football.

nor would I - he deserves it and will always get a standing ovation on his return

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Always kind of hoped he’d end up being a one club man :( If he was to move to one of the top 6 this summer, I certainly wouldn’t begrudge him doing so. He’s earned it.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
He would improve that defence to no end.

He'd also get a huge pay rise, Champions League football, an opportunity to make the England squad for a European Championship. I'd be gutted to see him go but he deserves all of that and more.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
If our skipper can double his money, play CL football and get noticed by the England hierarchy then we should all wish him well on his next adventure... But of course we'll need a whopping great fee or Abraham plus some cash.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It did seem odd we were signing players so early. Perhaps getting the 'ins' done before a big money 'out' leads to other clubs upping their prices?

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
£45 millions been mentioned but that was probably 'wet finger in the air' time from someone

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

Exactly the thought process I’ve just had.

He’s our best player, but perhaps, given his age and our CB cover, it might be the year to cash in.

Would be a big miss though.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think it’s either this summer or never for Dunky

Be 30 shortly after the start of next season so any interest in him will wane after this summer I think.(well at a fee we would want to sell at)

As has been said we are well stocked at CB so maybe this summer will be the time.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
For a Chelsea supporter whose dog is called Drogba it would be a dream move.
He would be a massive loss, but I'm reassured by the development of Webster, Burn, Clarke and White.
Looking at the season highlights of Matt Clarke at Derby County we may have a player that could be better than most of us expected.
And we've also got the small matter of Leeds United kindly allowing their best player to join us.

In the revised Covid economy I would think that anything above £35Million for Lewis Dunk would be great business.
Perhaps they could throw in Batshuyi.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
He would be a huge loss. For me, he's the reason we're still in the PL. Good luck to him if he goes, deserves a crack at the big time but we'd be much weaker for it and short of a leader in a team with few leaders.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here