Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What Albion signing got you most excited?

Jimmy Case followed by Andy Ritchie both class signings back in the old 1st division days

i remember Andy. Played a game of pool against him when he first joined and stayed in a hotel in First Avenue.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Nope, not end of thread.

Vicente was very exciting for obvious reasons, but nothing can beat the excitement of Bobby Z signing permanently.

In his loan spell, it seemed like we were the only ones that knew that we had uncovered a very special player.

Even in retrospect, it's mad how we managed to get such a top quality young player without any other clubs noticing.

I was 6 when that happened, and in my childlike naivety I just presumed, mainly because it was my dream, that every player dreamt of playing for the Albion. I was awfully disappointed that Zidane traded in Juve for Real instead of a move to the south coast.
15 years later, quite drunk at the Battle, I got very emotional on his return. That for me, was the most excited I'd felt.

Whilst Vicente was wonderful for anyone who followed Spanish football at all, there were a lot of "if he's that good, why on earth is he signing for us" at the time.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Obvious choice is godlike Vicente, but for me it has to be Muzza part deux.
For comedy purposes, it has to be Locadia.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Alan Biley. (****ing useless :lolol:)

Also LuaLua.

I remember as a kid being out with some mates on a bike ride around town when we came across a white Astra GTE stuffed into a telegraph pole. Steam and smoke pouring out and Alan Biley sitting on a nearby wall smoking a fag.
We asked him what happened and he just told us to **** off.
Mate said you're shit at football and driving then. We didn't hang around after that :lolol:

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
Bobby x2

Reading the back of the Argus on my paper round when at school the season I started going to Withdean, and then the evening it was confirmed he was returning 5 years ago.

Vicente a close third.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Chris Holroyd
Jonny Dixon
Shane McFaul

All the other great hopes that came to nothing

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Barry Bridges. Unfortunately it didn't go as well as was expected. He was so far ahead of the Albion team at the time, they just weren't on his wavelength.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here