Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What Albion signing got you most excited?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Muzza signing for the second time.

I loved him the first time round, simply quality, so his return was a footballing dream come true.

Then he produced the good and got us promoted again.

I thought Muzza was done when he signed for the second time and was underwhelmed.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bobby permanently the first time after his loan spell would have been the answer for a long time, but Vicente had been borderline one of the top 10 players in the world at one stage and then suddenly signed for little old Brighton. We knew he wasn't going to be anything like that but was truely special at times. Showed how far we'd come and where we could probably go. Winning League One and then the 5(?) Champ years that followed were still my favourite time supporting Albion in 37 years.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Sergei Gotsmanov was one that really got me excited as a kid. Shame those skanks down the coast stole him off us.

I loved Sergei, think I was about 10/11 at the time and couldn't understand how Southampton had gazumped us. He sank without a trace there as well from memory

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Re Vicente - How many people had heard of him when he signed? I hadn’t.
His CV was magnificent but it looked at the time like he was injury-prone, getting on a bit and used to be good.
It was an exciting signing but nothing on the glitzy, stage-managed arrival of CMS imho.

Agree. Retrofitting and conflating expectation (none) with outcome (occasional breathtaking magic) is so lazy minded.

When you get the best ever surprose present you don't say that the anticipation of it was the most exciting present receiving experience ever. How can it be if the present was an effing surprise?

Oh well. Never mind.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Agree. Retrofitting and conflating expectation (none) with outcome (occasional breathtaking magic) is so lazy minded.

When you get the best ever surprose present you don't say that the anticipation of it was the most exciting present receiving experience ever. How can it be if the present was an effing surprise?

Oh well. Never mind.

Yep, not so fun a question when you take into account what happened next.

And I’ve always Found it curious how Vicente is remembered so fondly on NSC. Not saying it’a bad thing, but in my mind he will always be a poor man’s Sergei Gotsmanov (I jest....a bit].

Last edited:

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
I remember as a kid being out with some mates on a bike ride around town when we came across a white Astra GTE stuffed into a telegraph pole. Steam and smoke pouring out and Alan Biley sitting on a nearby wall smoking a fag.
We asked him what happened and he just told us to **** off.
Mate said you're shit at football and driving then. We didn't hang around after that :lolol:

A decade on, 1996, following a shite performance and loss away at Exeter we popped into a newsagents opposite the ground, Denny Mundee in front of us in the queue buying 20 B&H for the coach trip back. We made a comment about the shite performance/distance travelled to watch it and got a ‘Who gives a shit?” shrug back from him as he walked past opening the fags,.

Proper old school...and useless players. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here