Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Josh King

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Haven’t seen a thread about this yet but just seen us being linked to him in the Telegraph. Would be a fantastic signing if true; although United were supposedly interested back in January.

Saw him play for Norway last year and he was one of the best players on the pitch, strong and direct and different to what we have.

Link here (behind paywalls I believe):
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...er-notebook-brighton-among-premiership-clubs/

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From what I’ve seen, yes please.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
King will be offered bigger wages elsewhere methinks, too highly rated already. If there is any truth in the Everton rumours, he'll be there like a shot.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
seems to have alternating seasons where he scores bucketloads and then has a poor return. only scored six this season just gone, so he's due a purple patch next season! in all seriousness there are a lot of positives for this move, pl proven, you don't get to nearly 50 pl goals without being half decent, would work well with maupay imo. that said, probably on a very decent pay packet at plucky, will be 29 next january and a lot of his goals have been penalties. to be honest, I see him as a dead cert for either Everton or United this summer, both have been linked for ages, would offer decent wages and united have the ole factor with him being norwegian, as well as european football next season, so I can't see this one myself at all

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Being linked with Everton everywhere.

Can't see us beating them to him to be honest.

Let’s face it, we would have said the same when we were first linked with Lallana. Sometimes it’s not ONLY money that’s taken into account.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Depends on his attitude (if he wants to play and challenge himself or sit on United a bench) and if he wants to stay in the south. If it comes only down to money - as it often does - then we stand little chance, of course.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think he’d clearly be a great signing but like others, I suspect he’ll go to a slightly better team. How un-Leeds of me again!

Great if we’re trying though - anyone now if the telegraph are liable?

Can anyone paste the full article in here?

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Doubt we'd have a chance given that Man Utd tried to sign him in Jan. However, he'd be a great buy for us.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Everton are shit , probably fighting relegation next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mmm....if we are raiding the Bournmouth relegation cupboard, I'd prefer that Callum bloke.

King was at ManUre previously so, maybe, after the enormous success they have had with re-singed Pogba, Olly and chums may well be chomping at the bit over this. Although I somehow doubt it.

Has Everton and West Ham written all over it.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'd have him at our club, for sure. I'd even join the throng of socially distanced supporters waving the welcome banners!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here