Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hughton to Bournemouth?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Am beginning to wonder exactly what job CH is holding out for.

Some decent ones have come up and he hasn’t been appointed..... I thought it was his choice and was being fussy but now I’m not so sure.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It wouldn't help his cause if prospective chairmen watch videos of his last few games with us.

Chairmen serious about getting out of the Championship won't be watching those games - They would more likely be looking at the games where he managed in the Championship.

Some people have short memories of where they came from - Have The Samaratins in Australia gone ''Ex Directory'' or something that you weren't able to reach them if you can't get over this ?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

Some decent ones have come up and he hasn’t been appointed..... I thought it was his choice and was being fussy but now I’m not so sure.

I thought Fulham tbh. Could still be his if they lose tonight.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde

More and more teams are starting to favour a possession based style. To them, CH just isn't an attractive choice.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015

Hughton is going to go into the position that is best for him - he has already turned sown offers in the past month.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Hughton is going to go into the position that is best for him - he has already turned sown offers in the past month.

I don’t doubt he wants the job that’s right for him.

I suppose my point is that is he holding out hoping for a job offer that just isn’t going to come.

I’d argue several jobs have come up in the last 12 months which would have suited CH well..... Bristol City is now another one which he has been linked with yet appears they are favouring someone else.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bournemouth promoting internally apparently

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I suppose my point is that is he holding out hoping for a job offer that just isn’t going to come.

I’d argue several jobs have come up in the last 12 months which would have suited CH well..... Bristol City is now another one which he has been linked with yet appears they are favouring someone else.

Why do people work? For the vast majority of us, we need to pay bills. look after our family and enjoy life. Chris Hughton had a successful playing career and has been well paid as a manager. I doubt very much he needs for anything.
Therefore. I can see that he only wants to work at something that will give him job satisfaction, rather than needing to work. He is in his 60s, and well off.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Why do people work? For the vast majority of us, we need to pay bills. look after our family and enjoy life. Chris Hughton had a successful playing career and has been well paid as a manager. I doubt very much he needs for anything.
Therefore. I can see that he only wants to work at something that will give him job satisfaction, rather than needing to work. He is in his 60s, and well off.

Exactly, having just epnt 6 weeks at home getting paid I can see the advantages of being retired and financially secure. The best bit being you don't have to do anything you don't want to

Apart from putting the bins out when the wife shouts at you ;-)

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

I can see that and the right fit is important but trouble is if you leave it too long you just get overlooked as being out of the game too long. A very similar thing happened with Curbishley.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I can see that and the right fit is important but trouble is if you leave it too long you just get overlooked as being out of the game too long. A very similar thing happened with Curbishley.

I must admit I thought if Chris didn't get a job immediately then at least we'd see a bit more of him on TV as a pundit, and we haven't and that's a shame as he'd make more sense than Lineker and his muppet mates. I also agree about Alan Curbishley, always liked like him and would not have minded if he'd become our manager before Chris Hughton, but that is not a popular view on here unfortunately, I thought he did an outstanding job at Charlton.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I wish him a long, happy and stress free retirement. Most people would give their eye teeth to be able to retire at 62, with money.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I wish him a long, happy and stress free retirement. Most people would give their eye teeth to be able to retire at 62, with money.

I would retire I i were him but he is actively talking to clubs about work so don’t think he is looking to retire just yet.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would retire I i were him but he is actively talking to clubs about work so don’t think he is looking to retire just yet.

Is he applying for jobs or are the clubs contacting him to see if he is interested? Is it just fans forums thinking he should be applying for jobs because they want something to discuss?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Football Management isn't the be all and end all - There are many ''Social Justice'' issues that people can crack on with which aren't necessarily in the Media Spotlight which need to be addressed.

Do you really think Clubs are favouring someone else ?- OR - Do you think maybe Chris himself maybe just wants to wait till something he he himself might want to get involved with ? he is humble enough to know that not every employer will turn to him but by the same token. You don't take on jobs where you don't get the tools to potentially succeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here