Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hughton to Bournemouth?

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think Bournemouth's success under Howe was down to his ability to get the best out of his players. I think their squad overachieved and it's very rare that another manager can come in and have the same impact.I know they've dropped down a divsion but the Championship is a tough league. I think Pearson is the manager they need, he is exactly the sort of manager who gets the best out of his players and has experience of getting teams out of the Championship.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I fully expect Bournemouth will be a selling club and all their better players will be leaving, and they will be facing a relegation fight in the Championship. It would therefore be a backward step for a manager of CH's quality.
Combine that with the lack of quality training facilities and the new ground being moth balled, it becomes an unattractive job.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I fully expect Bournemouth will be a selling club and all their better players will be leaving, and they will be facing a relegation fight in the Championship. It would therefore be a backward step for a manager of CH's quality.
Combine that with the lack of quality training facilities and the new ground being moth balled, it becomes an unattractive job.

Muff have been punching above their weight for some time on the back of Eddie’s man management and style with a group of decent players, but with absolutely no infrastructure behind it. They will have to sell some players and those remaining will be pretty downbeat. Kiss of death for any decent manager wanting to go in there and develop themselves or the club.
I don’t see them being as good as Norwich in the yo-yo stakes.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
I recall him and his brother being at Braintree or somewhere in Essex...so should be okay to come back south. Good fit and sacked more about future direction rather than past attainment...musical differences etc.

That could be a good shout, if he wants to up sticks and move south. A progressive young management pairing could well be a blessing for boremuff. Won't cost them the earth, can work within a tight budget and if they sell their playing assets, could nurture some lower league might be

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Smug Eddie to Palace?

I'd hate that as I think he'd do quite well for them.

Didn’t he let them down years ago?

Said he was going to take the job at Selhurst, then stood on the steps of Dean Court and said “Bournemouth till I die”, and then promptly went to Burnley a week later 😂

I think when Hodgson finally goes they will promote Ray Lewington internally.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Didn’t he let them down years ago?

Said he was going to take the job at Selhurst, then stood on the steps of Dean Court and said “Bournemouth till I die”, and then promptly went to Burnley a week later 😂

I think when Hodgson finally goes they will promote Ray Lewington internally.

You mean through the gastrointestinal tract? I'd pay money to see that :thumbsup:

Top post on the Stanley thread BTW. I didn't reply as I didn't want to bounce a thread that's best left to sink beneath the waves....

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Be surprised if he went there as they can't be in a good position financially?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Smug Eddie to Palace?

I'd hate that as I think he'd do quite well for them.

I think he'd do pretty badly, possibly even relegate them. Palace have survived the last few years due to Hodgson drilling the shit out of them defensively and relying on Zaha in attack. Howe is useless defensively and is all about the ball and attack. Palace's squad is spectacularly unsuited to Howe's style of football, especially if Zaha leaves.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I think he'd do pretty badly, possibly even relegate them. Palace have survived the last few years due to Hodgson drilling the shit out of them defensively and relying on Zaha in attack. Howe is useless defensively and is all about the ball and attack. Palace's squad is spectacularly unsuited to Howe's style of football, especially if Zaha leaves.

Hughton would be a much better fit at Palace than Howe and I would be surprised if he wasn't in the frame for the job. It was reported that talks between Bristol City and Hughton hit a hitch a few days ago.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Hughton would be a much better fit at Palace than Howe and I would be surprised if he wasn't in the frame for the job. It was reported that talks between Bristol City and Hughton hit a hitch a few days ago.

Welcome back mate - That won't happen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here