Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hughton to Bournemouth?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Smug Eddie to Palace?

I'd hate that as I think he'd do quite well for them.

He'd have nothing to work with.

And as for who's there, can you imagine that bunch of prima donna's working within Smugs:-

'My door is always shut' policy.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
For no apparent reason, earlier today I had a thought on the manager merry go round. . . ..

CH to B'muff was it . . . . Smug-Ted to WHU, wasp chewer to Palace as Woy Wetires. Didn't much care to think any more.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Would be a smart choice with regards to getting them promoted again, they're in danger of tumbling down the divisions and into ruin if they don't bring someone capable in to steady the ship and get back before the parachute payments run dry. That said, I can't see it, Bournemouth fans and owner have probably grown accustomed to the gung-ho total-attack football that smug eddie played, not sure they'd see Chris as someone who fits the 'plucky bournemouth way', reckon they'll go with someone who sticks to this way, probably to their detriment. Think any players still there would be paralysed with shock to actually have a coach who wants to work on defending!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Thought he singed for Bristol City

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Noooooo!!! Please no Chris, you’re better than that!

I thought I’d always want Hughton to do well but if it’s Bournemouth, Southampton, Portsmouth or Palace I just couldn’t!

He won't go there.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Thought he singed for Bristol City

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has yet to be officially announced. I don't know if people jumped the gun proclaiming it a done deal, or if it is done and the announcement is being kept back for some reason (no idea what that would be). But all the while there's no official announcement, I guess most people are going to assume it's not a done deal so he is available. Perhaps whatever the sticking point is may be cleared if Bristol think they might lose him to Bournemouth? Or maybe seeing Bournemouth being available will cause Hughton to see if that's something he'd be interested in taking.

I don't know the comparable finances. On the surface you'd think prem money coming to Bournemouth, but most reports suggest £80+m in transfer fees are due, it looks like Ake is off to City for 40m, other players will need to be offloaded because they don't have relegation clauses. So a team losing all it's best players, and money going out as soon as it comes in or Bristol City - I genuinely have no idea what their position is or is rumoured to be.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
You'd have to say that Bristol City look the better long-term bet. Big modern stadium, large potential fanbase, ambitious ownership. Bournemouth don't own their ground and it's tiny anyway, and all the TV money went on players and agents.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Can see maybe Danny Crowley ending up there if they want to go the whole young and trendy thing again.

Unfairly sacked by Huddersfield after doing what they wanted him to do - keep them up - and in theory plays the kind of football they want.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Noooooo!!! Please no Chris, you’re better than that!

I thought I’d always want Hughton to do well but if it’s Bournemouth, Southampton, Portsmouth or Palace I just couldn’t!

Can't say Ive ever been bothered about Bournemouth or Saints - no history of a rivalry with either of those?!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Can see maybe Danny Crowley ending up there if they want to go the whole young and trendy thing again.

Unfairly sacked by Huddersfield after doing what they wanted him to do - keep them up - and in theory plays the kind of football they want.

That could be a good shout, if he wants to up sticks and move south. A progressive young management pairing could well be a blessing for boremuff. Won't cost them the earth, can work within a tight budget and if they sell their playing assets, could nurture some lower league might be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here