Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke Derby player of the season Highlights

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Our boy at Derby still only 23, could he make the step up?

Different player to White bit more physical but times his tackles well and looks a very strong fella, seems to me to have decent ball distribution but could improve to GP standards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1WwvHLXR3E

Has done very well to get POTS at Derby, especially after a slightly dodgy spell early on. Overshadowed of course by White at Leeds, but still has done everything asked of him. Where next for the lad? Can't see him back here, even if we lose/get rid of a couple of our existing CBs, which is tough on the lad.
Another season loan to a top Championship club?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Has done very well to get POTS at Derby, especially after a slightly dodgy spell early on. Overshadowed of course by White at Leeds, but still has done everything asked of him. Where next for the lad? Can't see him back here, even if we lose/get rid of a couple of our existing CBs, which is tough on the lad.
Another season loan to a top Championship club or Derby?

Corrected for you.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Three seasons: three POTY awards for Clarke (two for the #twats and one for Derby).

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Seems good with the ball at his feet, has a turn of pace and reads the game extremely well, why is he with us? This is getting silly with the amount of gifted players we have. The next few years are going to be good

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Another season loan to a top Championship club?

He’s only seemingly overshadowed by White because of the noise from the biggest club in the world. Maybe he’ll do better than White......he’s had more defensive work to do this season.

D

Deleted member 2719

Looks a good prospect ready for change. The music was the worse football music I have ever heard.
Mute is advisible.

Dec 29, 2011
Derby's player of the season is a youngster who we have loaned out, is currently 5th choice centre back and has no chance of making it into our team. How far we've come

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He’s only seemingly overshadowed by White because of the noise from the biggest club in the world. Maybe he’ll do better than White......he’s had more defensive work to do this season.

Maybe - but I don't think it's only the unclassified mammals on Waccoe that have noticed that the boy's a bit special.

That reminds me that 'The Boy's a Bit Special' was a regular feature in 4-4-2 magazine back in the day. I remember one month the featured young prospect was one Kevin McGarrigle ....................................... oh well!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Looks a fantastic prospect, good to see him making some of those runs forward, beating players, keeping this aspect to his game in the Championship.

Are some writing him off for us next season too soon?

We could have him involved, especially if White is also going to be considered for CDM:

LB Burn / Webster
CB: Dunk / Webster / White / Clarke / Veltman
RB: Lamptey / Veltman / Clarke

With Duffy, Montoya and Greyhound leaving, that seems a fair number to include. Everyone should be involved over the course of a season with injuries, suspensions, different systems and especially if we have 5 subs again.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Looks a fantastic prospect, good to see him making some of those runs forward, beating players, keeping this aspect to his game in the Championship.

We could have him involved, especially if White is also going to be considered for CDM:

LB Burn / Webster

With Duffy, Montoya and Greyhound leaving, that seems a fair number to include. Everyone should be involved over the course of a season with injuries, suspensions, different systems and especially if we have 5 subs again.

I must have missed that announcement

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Looking at Twitter Andy Naylor seems to be suggesting we will loan Clarke out again next season, it’s behind The Athletic paywall so I can’t see the full details of what’s being said.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I must have missed that announcement

Looks likely, Naylor already reporting the likely departures. Won’t be a surprise.
4f791ff5707aa1ef979d27bc56658334.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

LB Burn / Webster

You don't know your left foot from your right foot.
Webster is right-footed, although can play on the left side of CB (and did at Bristol City). but not as a LB.
Clarke is left-footed, and would rather play on the left-side of either two or three.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Goodness me, there’s an awful lot to like in that video, and you can see that he is 100% a Potter player, superb touch, great range of passing, strong as an ox. He looks as though he’s playing in slow motion, very much like Van Dijk does, they never seem to sprint anywhere, just glide around addressing danger. I don’t mind admitting that’s the first I’ve really seen of him, but it’s bloody impressive. What a conundrum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here