Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Aeroplane App

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Just sitting on the balcony here in Worthing watching the occasional plane passing over. Can someone recommend a good app to tell me their destinations.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Live example...

53d913d51559fae132809f2d32cebba0.jpg

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Screenshot_2020-08-01 Freedar uk (538).png
On FreedarUK
Military are shown Green
Air Ambulances RED
Biz Jets Black.
Commercial White.
Same as the other apps aircraft sizes ( defined by wake turbulence ie Heavy/medium.) are depicted by the shapes...as are gliders.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Live example...

53d913d51559fae132809f2d32cebba0.jpg

Click on the more info button at the bottom, then scroll down to the first info block and there you can see what routes the aircraft has flown ( free ) for the last 7 days.
You will be amazed to see how many sectors Ryan air/ Easy jet do.....then look at the distances large aircraft fly in 7 days.

You would never guess i'm a spotter..

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Click on the more info button at the bottom, then scroll down to the first info block and there you can see what routes the aircraft has flown ( free ) for the last 7 days.
You will be amazed to see how many sectors Ryan air/ Easy jet do.....then look at the distances large aircraft fly in 7 days.

You would never guess i'm a spotter..

Calling [MENTION=34942]Dr. No[/MENTION]

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I’ve tried Flightradar 24 but don’t find it anything like as good as Planefinder.
Jerry who runs Bigjet TV also uses Planefinder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I used to have a Bonnie Tyler Sat Nav but it kept telling me to turn around and every now and then it fell apart :moo:

Does it need to be in Wales to work properly?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
View attachment 126733
On FreedarUK
Military are shown Green
Air Ambulances RED
Biz Jets Black.
Commercial White.
Same as the other apps aircraft sizes ( defined by wake turbulence ie Heavy/medium.) are depicted by the shapes...as are gliders.

To be fair, that's far more info than just about anybody needs. And seeing as how it supposedly includes military aircraft it will be heavily censored and monitored.

More importantly, does it include TRUCKS on the ground at LGW like Flightradar24 does?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
To be fair, that's far more info than just about anybody needs. And seeing as how it supposedly includes military aircraft it will be heavily censored and monitored.

More importantly, does it include TRUCKS on the ground at LGW like Flightradar24 does?

It’s not censored or monitored if military aircraft don’t want to be seen they have their ways and means it’s just showing ADS B in peacetime civil authorities ie ATC need to know where military aircraft are and visa versa, it’s just Flightradar24 chooses not to show military, having said that all large military ie A300,C17 A400m etc use civil airplanes and so can normally be seen on Flightradar24.

As for airport vehicles they are also equipped with ADS B so are visible on all ATC screens.

If you look closely sometimes you might see a UFO ( weather balloon)

If you want to see all military aircraft as well then FREEDAR.UK is the one to use.
Not as smooth as Flight radar 24 but then that dont show the majority of military.

https://www.freedar.uk/

The app is available in the App store

Also try plane finder from the app store

Thanks for this. I was always using adsbexchange, this looks a lot better.

Flightradar24 is the best one for geeking out on. It's well worth getting for aviation enthusiasts/pros.

Has anyone seen Flight Simulator coming out in a couple of weeks? Looks insane.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here