Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peerages for Brexiters, Knighthoods for Tax dodgers

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
So this Tory government have turned out to be a complete shitshower, well I never!!

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Brexiters are vastly underrepresented in the HoL. There was bound to be a Brexit bias to go some way to making up the difference. Remember the HoL was so anti-Brexit that they were willing to sabotage the whole exit process in defiance of the referendum.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The honours system has always been subject to cronyism and favour whichever party has been in power. This latest list has taken it off the scale though. A Labour government of the future must abolish this archaic and undemocratic institution by replacing it with a senate based on PR.

There are individuals on that list who shouldn't be anywhere near a seat of decision making or judgement in national government.

- Botham. A boorish yob not known for his smarts with a rap sheet of scandals, anti social behaviour, plus general twatishness.

- Gisela Stuart. A German migrant who moved to the UK under FOM then proceeded to campaign to have that same freedom removed from British and EU Citizens.

- Kate Hoey, Barking swivel eyed loon. Supporter of blood sports and NI Unionist bigots

- Phillip May. Cronyism. Service to tax avoidance maybe? Or honoured for standing next to his wife and smiling nicely at the correct moment. Who knows.

- Jo Johnson. Blatant family cronyism. Could be argued he has some gravitas and qualification.

- Worst of the lot - Claire Fox. Apologist of paedophiles and IRA terrorists. Something of a mixed up individual. Gone from Revolutionary Communist to the other extreme. In truth, little difference in the ideology. Made controversial comments after the Warrington bombing of 1993. When standing as an MEP in the North West last year she was unrepentant. Only when Farage stepped in did she telephone the bereaved parents to apologise. An apology described afterwards as ambiguous. Despite her contempt for the local victims, many local electorate deemed her a suitable candidate by voting for the party she was standing for. Still that same electorate 'knew what they were voting for' I'm sure.

- Yevgeny Lebedev. Son of an ex KGB agent. Dubious history. Yevgeny was kind enough to give Johnson digs for his visits to Italy when London mayor and foreign secretary. Not to mention other donations to Tories from Russian sources. One good turn deserves another. No such thing as a free lunch and all that.

The actions of Johnson are now into Banana Republic territory. A corrupt self serving government totally out of control.They have made the eventual demise of this undemocratic chamber come a little closer.

I know that this could be edging in to Tin Foil hat territory but lots of little strands all seem to be coming together in the last 2-3 years regarding Russian influence in British politics

. We have the funding of the Tory party and several influential individual MP's by Russian emigre's, the shadowy situation of Cumming's time working in Russia and his political ethos and his attempts to dismantle the old established Civil Service and his strange hold over Johnson. We have the Russia report which is damning in its findings about the tentacles of Russian interfering and influence in person and in social media which was suppressed.

We have the high profile suspicious deaths in the UK of several opponents and critics of of Putin and those who seem to be " ex " KGB but who seem immune from assassination ? I read somewhere that there is no such thing as an " ex" KGB officer, you either still are or you are dead.

We then have the struggles to " Get Brexit Done " despite all the obvious indicators that it is plainly stupid and self destructive. The original statements of post-brexit " Frictionless Trade " " Easiest Deal in history " and " The day after we vote to Leave , we hold all the cards" have all crumbled in the face of the ever starker realities of leaving a 28 nation trading block, however,it seems nothing must stop our inevitable march over the cliff edge.

And then I remembered this story about a " Dishevelled " and " Worse for Wear " Johnson shuffling on to a plane back from Evgeny Lebedev's party at his palatial home in Italy...... https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/26/boris-johnson-security-evgeny-lebedev-perugia-party

" Pictures of the now prime minister along with an account from a fellow traveller shed further light on Johnson’s weekend away at the home of the media owner Evgeny Lebedev, who is known for hosting uproarious parties for the rich and famous at his converted castle near Perugia.

Johnson has refused to answer questions about the visit in April last year, including whether he flew to Italy against the advice of his officials and without the 24/7 security detail usually assigned to the foreign secretary."

Let that sink in just a little bit .. No security detail for the British Foreign Secretary ? could he have been a victim of kompromat ? He looked like he may have been drugged or pissed out of his head at the foreign home of the son of an ex KGB agent well known for his influence in British politics and now he gets a gong ? Sometimes if it walks like a Duck, it is a Duck

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Remind me who Labour handed out peerages to ? Both parties are as bad as each other but only morons link it to Brexit.

Botham was literally given his peerage for “services to Brexit”. Maybe that how people are linking it?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Remind me who Labour handed out peerages to ? Both parties are as bad as each other but only morons link it to Brexit.

I am absolutely not a conspiracy theorist but I’m proud to be a moron by your reckoning.

Admittedly some peerages were handed out to opponents as well - his brother for example - but not giving one to Bercow is just childish and petty ..... and about BREXIT

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm beginning to wonder just how low Johnson will sink.

I'm starting to think as low as he is told to sink.

I genuinely think that he has been manoeuvred in to the post of Prime Minister and been blackmailed in to getting Brexit done at any cost, lets not forget while Foreign Secretary he was denied access to some sensitive information as he was deemed a security risk !

Sadly Covid-19 has come along and we have a Prime Minister incapable of leading a country at a time of crisis. He could have sealed Brexit then abandoned politics 18 months later when the shit starts hitting the fan spouting Churchillian bullshit about how heroic he has been in office but a pesky virus has scuppered his hopes of any sort of legacy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm starting to think as low as he is told to sink.

I genuinely think that he has been manoeuvred in to the post of Prime Minister and been blackmailed in to getting Brexit done at any cost, lets not forget while Foreign Secretary he was denied access to some sensitive information as he was deemed a security risk !

Sadly Covid-19 has come along and we have a Prime Minister incapable of leading a country at a time of crisis. He could have sealed Brexit then abandoned politics 18 months later when the shit starts hitting the fan spouting Churchillian bullshit about how heroic he has been in office but a pesky virus has scuppered his hopes of any sort of legacy.

how do you know Covid isnt part of the plan? those Russians have a vaccine lined up pretty quick :wink:

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Really does make you wonder how far leave voters and Tory hounds will go before they finally admit they’ve been ‘ad. Currently their capacity to be ridden up the wrongle without complaint seems to be endless. Some even screaming for more. Astonishing.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Worst of the lot - Claire Fox. Apologist of paedophiles and IRA terrorists. Something of a mixed up individual. Gone from Revolutionary Communist to the other extreme. In truth, little difference in the ideology. Made controversial comments after the Warrington bombing of 1993. When standing as an MEP in the North West last year she was unrepentant. Only when Farage stepped in did she telephone the bereaved parents to apologise. An apology described afterwards as ambiguous. Despite her contempt for the local victims, many local electorate deemed her a suitable candidate by voting for the party she was standing for. Still that same electorate 'knew what they were voting for' I'm sure.

Yup. She's horrendous. How she gets so much exposure is beyond me. Anyone from Spiked needs a wide berth.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Really does make you wonder how far leave voters and Tory hounds will go before they finally admit they’ve been ‘ad. Currently their capacity to be ridden up the wrongle without complaint seems to be endless. Some even screaming for more. Astonishing.

They're just victims. Their own culture war just brings them more self harm, the snake oil salesman just can't believe they keep coming back for more

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here