Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
An abundance of quality defenders!

Clarke has been announced as Derby’s player of the season as voted for by the fans.

Congratulations to him.

Will we see him in the blue and white pinstripes next season though?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
His stock has just gone up.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I didn't know that Matt Clarke went to Portsmouth from Ipswich in 2016 in a swap deal for Adam Webster. Clarke went on to win promotion with Portsmouth before we bought him and within two months lent him to Derby. Webster went on from Ipswich to Bristol City and became a £20M centre half by the summer of 2019. We have to credit those who developed these two before we bought them. They have both played against Bielsa's Leeds United over the last two seasons, so I think we know who to thank.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think if Leeds United are looking for a Ben White replacement....

Then the melodrama of 'He's Leeds' can begin again. Perhaps we should have a running thread.

D

Deleted member 2719

Portsmouth can not believe we loaned him out; they rate him higher than Webster.

One thing I do know is they only know how to punch horses.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Surprised to hear he’d done that well. The impression I got was he was solid but still developing. We really are taking the p&&s with our CBs now. Another year on loan in the champ and he’ll be ready to step in once White has completed his first Prem year and we offload him to City for £70m.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9443993 said:
Surely all credit must go to Cocu and Wazza for this one!

Well, unlike with Ben White, we really can’t take any credit for Clarke’s development- other than scouting the guy, and arranging a decent loan.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well, unlike with Ben White, we really can’t take any credit for Clarke’s development- other than scouting the guy, and arranging a decent loan.

Derby v Leeds was the turning point.

One glance from Marcello's piercing eyes and a spellbound Clarke was a man transformed.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Interesting. I wonder if Leeds still fancy him? On loan - or we could cash in a decent profit.. Can't help but feel a bit sorry for the lad - he must have been excited at the idea he was coming to Brighton and the PL.

I think he is.

Let’s see what happens but unless we’re trying up put out a whole team of centre backs, we’re surely going to have to sell some brilliant prospects or well known names?

———————-Dendoncker——————-
————Webster—-Dunk—-Clarke———-
Veltman——Băluță———-White———Burn
———-Roberts————-Östigard————-
————————Duffy—————————-

Subs:

O’Hora
Kazukolovas
Tsoungui
Burgess (We can have him if we want)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think he is.

Let’s see what happens but unless we’re trying up put out a whole team of centre backs, we’re surely going to have to sell some brilliant prospects or well known names?

———————-Dendoncker——————-
————Webster—-Dunk—-Clarke———-
Veltman——Băluță———-White———Burn
———-Roberts————-Östigard————-
————————Duffy—————————-

Subs:

O’Hora
Kazukolovas
Tsoungui
Burgess (We can have him if we want)
Hughtonesque! :)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Wow, didn't see that coming. Let's get £10 million for him and be done.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here