Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Have I missed a thread? Stanley is dead!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
One more to go I believe. Stanley died of prostate cancer yesterday morning.

Please merge if I missed, I did do a search.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Not to hijack a thread at all, but tomorrow a few of us are burying our mate who just died of prostate cancer at 40 (It's not Stanley).

If you see blood in the bowl GO AND SEE A DOCTOR. Don't **** about. Go to the GP.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
No idea if it's true but you really have to ask ?

This guy...?

1588614286-250w_flatstanley.jpg

This guy...?

33050811_123245979616.jpg

This guy...?

636646772167720146-GTY-950498650-99391075.JPG

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not to hijack a thread at all, but tomorrow a few of us are burying our mate who just died of prostate cancer at 40 (It's not Stanley).

If you see blood in the bowl GO AND SEE A DOCTOR. Don't **** about. Go to the GP.

Well worth hijacking, in my opinion, and excellent advice.

I am sorry for your loss.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Agreed - and also get yourself tested if you're over 45 - plenty of free testing by charities - Brighton Lions do it - just Google.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009

Also I know of people over 60 who are sent testing kits who won't do them because of how you have to collect the sample. Come on you wimps, I would rather get sh*t on my hand collecting the sample than go through treatment..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Up to now, I haven't seen one message 'gloating'.

"one more to go"?

I'll accept it wasn't meant to sound like a gloat, but it still has the whiff of glee about it. :shrug:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Met him once in the Indian Restaurant in Nutley, both of us ordering a takeaway. This was back in approx 2006. Talked for a about 30 minutes, he didn't go in to much about the Albion but he and his daughter said how the strain of it all had caused him to have serious mental health issues. Since then he had completely changed his view of life and indeed started meditating amongst other things. He appeared very calm but came over as a bit of a crackpot if honest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here