• Fulham

Votes: 58 26.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Who do you want to win?

Personally think if Brentford came up then they very well might break Derby’s record for lowest ever points in the top flight, arguably the smallest ever team to play in the Premier League if they get there. Would be a new ground also for everyone to potentially tick off on the 92 depending on when it’s played.

Fulham on other hand, pretty basic squad who will also struggle massively in the top flight, but they have the Knockaert factor. Tend to do fairly well against them (barring the last debacle :rolleyes:) and a decent away day.

Regardless of who wins I think there will be 2 poor teams in the PL next season with West Brom and whoever wins this, most people will bank of these going straight back down.

Gonna say Fulham myself. But every prediction I’ve made recently I’ve got wrong :wozza:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Definitely Brentford! Fulham have had plenty of goes at the PL and generally failed to impress (especially in the latter years)

Brentford been trying for 3-4 seasons and have always looked a strong top 6 Championship outfit since we were promoted. I don't think they have ever been in the Premier League/(Old Div 1) either?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Honestly, happy with either one, but I’d like to see Brentford give it a crack.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Possibly just me reading to much into it but at the final whistle the Fulham players just seemed a bit meh , whereas the Brentford lads were rightly over the moon and certainly looked the better and hungrier of the two finalists , my guess is a 3-1 win for Brentford.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Brentford!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brentford's new ground marginally easier to get to and has a much better selection of nearby pubs.

My tip would be the Pilot a short walk yet hidden pub behind Gunnersbury station.

Might as well get the travel tips in early.

Don't do the district line in from Central London (via Victoria).

Get a fast Richmond train (1 or no stops) from Clapham Junction, then double back to Gunnersbury (two stops) on either the district line or London overground which share the same tracks.

If you set off early, time for a beer in the picturesque pub at Kew Gardens which forms part of the station.

There is also (of course) The Bell and Crown which the thinking man (or women's) pub of choice pre-Brentford's old place. Now walk-able to the ground.

If you want a beer over looking the Thames at that place, a slightly slower stopping service from Clapham Junction to Kew Bridge will be your best bet, but I suspect that will be rammed before the game.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Brentford will brimg something to the Prem - new energy, new ground, bright coach, an exciting front three.

Fulham, on the other hand, look much like the side that got relegated. Harrison Reed and Neeskens Kebano are tidy players but the defence is porous, Cairney and Knocky continue to under-deliver, and I don't rate Scott Parker as a coach.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Personally think if Brentford came up then they very well might break Derby’s record for lowest ever points in the top flight

I would be very surprised by that. From what I've seen of them, I think they could do quite well, perhaps better than Big Team from Ooop North. Their coach also seems to know what he's doing. Of course, they'd have to keep all their best players, which may not happen.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Brentford for me. I have a good friend that is a Brentford fan and would be chuffed for him if they went up.

Plus, we need someone to take the tag ‘PLB’ and this could be Plucky Little Brentford.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Brentford all day long. I went to see their 5-0 demolition of MASSIVE in the last pre-lockdown match and they were a joy to watch. They’ve a scouting set up that is arguably the envy of the entire league and they shouldn’t be looked at simply as fodder if they come up. Good luck to them. Just so long as they’re not rude enough to finish above us.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Got plenty of mates who are Brentford fans and it would be lovely to see them come up, what with the new stadium and all. The only fear I have for them is that they might struggle for a few reasons. If Benrahma's head is turned by a bigger club or higher wages I reckon he might be off and so much of their attacking play goes through him. Their defence will need an upgrade as well. I know they've only shipped 38 goals this seasons, but they really struggle against a high pressing side, as they love to pass out from the back. Actually quite similar to us in days gone by. Saying that their recruitment policy is superb, so they'll unearth more gems for sure. Would definitely like to see them given a crack.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd quite like us to sign Mitrovic so on that bases, Brentford for promotion. I also think they would be the 50th club to play in the premier league

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Who do you want to win?

Personally think if Brentford came up then they very well might break Derby’s record for lowest ever points in the top flight, arguably the smallest ever team to play in the Premier League if they get there.

That’s the same logic used by Leeds fans when assessing their prospects for next season. It’s not enough.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Possibly just me reading to much into it but at the final whistle the Fulham players just seemed a bit meh , whereas the Brentford lads were rightly over the moon and certainly looked the better and hungrier of the two finalists , my guess is a 3-1 win for Brentford.

That’s not surprising given the results. Brentford had just smashed it - overturning a 1-0 deficit in style. Fulham had come into it 2-0 up, lost at home and ended up clinging on.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Fulham, because they'll be much like the Fulham that got relegated last time out. Can see Brentford doing a Sheffield United and surprising a few teams if they come up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Brentford's new ground marginally easier to get to and has a much better selection of nearby pubs.

My tip would be the Pilot a short walk yet hidden pub behind Gunnersbury station.

Might as well get the travel tips in early.

Don't do the district line in from Central London (via Victoria).

Get a fast Richmond train (1 or no stops) from Clapham Junction, then double back to Gunnersbury (two stops) on either the district line or London overground which share the same tracks.

If you set off early, time for a beer in the picturesque pub at Kew Gardens which forms part of the station.

There is also (of course) The Bell and Crown which the thinking man (or women's) pub of choice pre-Brentford's old place. Now walk-able to the ground.

If you want a beer over looking the Thames at that place, a slightly slower stopping service from Clapham Junction to Kew Bridge will be your best bet, but I suspect that will be rammed before the game.

Great tips but I don't think away fans will be allowed for all of next season.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If you call Eddie Howe "Smug Eddie" I wonder what you are going to call the Brentford manager... unbearable person. I hope Fulham beat the shit out of them.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Definitely Brentford! Fulham have had plenty of goes at the PL and generally failed to impress (especially in the latter years)

Brentford been trying for 3-4 seasons and have always looked a strong top 6 Championship outfit since we were promoted. I don't think they have ever been in the Premier League/(Old Div 1) either?

Good quiz question in there somehow as they were in the old first division 1936 - 1948 but this was only 5 played seasons.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/bren.htm

Hope they beat Fulham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here