Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Close the Coronavirus sub-forum and move threads back to the main board?

Close the Coronavirus sub-forum and move threads back to the main board?

• Yep - put it all back in one place

Votes: 41 33.1%
  • No - leave things as they are for now

Votes: 83 66.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
generally not in favour of split up forums to sub-interests. in this case it is for clear focus and has worked, so leave it be. have wave 2 and beyond to go yet, so cold have return to many thead on the subject.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I think it should always stay as it’s own sub forum, it’s a divisive and often political subject that normally ends up in a hybrid of a bear pit style binfest and a political War zone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It ought to all be back, but it will just be the same old same.

The usual suspects will Bear Pit the shit out of every thread, same posters calling each other the same names while the government did everything wrong or right.

Even by NSC standards it's too pointless and oh so predictable.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I voted to keep it the way it is currently. Although I would be in favour of the main thread being part of the main board. The other threads are mostly party political and as a couple of other posters suggest, those threads are there to simply 'have a go' and get a political message across in my opinion.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Leave it as it is for now. With so much talk of increasing.localised lock downs and restrictions now isnt the time to move it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think it should always stay as it’s own sub forum, it’s a divisive and often political subject that normally ends up in a hybrid of a bear pit style binfest and a political War zone.

This. Covid is absolutely everywhere else on the internet. Football and NSC are my escape. I don't mind the extra moderating effort that comes with shifting chancy threads into the sub-forum.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
NSC has been a happy haven since the sub forum and to a lesser extent Bear Pit, even more so now it is silly season.

If the two were merged again its not as if I wouldn't come here at all, it just wouldn't be as often or for as long.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Please retain both changes made.

Prior to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]’s move, the Main Board and New Posts pages were clogged up by party political and CV19 grandstanding threads. The same characters were starting new threads on a daily basis, very often variations on similar themes, to draw in political allies and foes.

Most folk are not highly politicised and angry, they lead normal lives, sometimes happy lives would you believe.

NSC is back to its old self.

We all know where to look for CV19 and political discussions.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Please retain both changes made.

Prior to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]’s move, the Main Board and New Posts pages were clogged up by party political and CV19 grandstanding threads. The same characters were starting new threads on a daily basis, very often variations on similar themes, to draw in political allies and foes.

Most folk are not highly politicised and angry, they lead normal lives, sometimes happy lives would you believe.

NSC is back to its old self.

We all know where to look for CV19 and political discussions.

You are much more the actual voice of reason on here than the self appointed voice of reason.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
NSC has been undergoing a highly positive renaissance after the introduction of the Bear Pit.

It's now an oasis quarantined from the desert of internet poison.

I'm not fussed either way about the CV forum. Bad threads can always be booted into the Bear Pit anyway.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd love to know the voting pattern.

I can't help thinking those who routinely find their 'discussions' moved to the bear pit are in favour of a return.

It can't be as simple as:-

'I just want to grandstand on The Big Board' - can it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here