Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] TB buys ANOTHER central defender - but not for the Albion

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Apologies if fixtures, but I didn't see this story anywhere else on here. Apparently Tony Bloom's central defender collection has grown again, but he realises that even we can't find space for another one at the Amex, so he's packing him off to USG. He's a good player actually. Their player of the season, I believe - but not good enough for us.

#twats

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/...s-created-unlikeliest-transfer-summer-2929063

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Reading that article brought to mind when I went to an Indonesian restaurant in Amsterdam and had one of their rijsttafel where they kept bringing you dish after dish after dish, and when you thought surely there can't be any more to come another one would arrive...then another...

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Tony buying up most of #twats best players, so they'll forever be lower league.

Genius.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Reading that article brought to mind when I went to an Indonesian restaurant in Amsterdam and had one of their rijsttafel where they kept bringing you dish after dish after dish, and when you thought surely there can't be any more to come another one would arrive...then another...
... and when you asked for the pudding (a striker), they went quiet?? [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
christ their articles are a whole lot longer and more detailed than the Argus. no surprise i guess.

The journo is blatantly auditioning for The Athletic.

Mind you, he'll also need Portsmouth FC to be successful...

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
I'm starting to think that something quite significant to Tony was thwarted by the lack of a decent centre back. Maybe his Lancing College U-12 football team lost the Cup because a tragic defensive lapse, or his first fixed odds bet from Ladbrokes broke down due to a failed clearance or perhaps he just saw Willie Young's display for us against Portsmouth in 1984. There is clearly something beyond the tactical driving this obsession.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We kind of lost interest in USG this season, didn't we, after little Percy left them. Wonder if this will re-kindle our interest?

I know Tony's ownership of USG was supposed to be with no connection to the Albion - but wouldn't it be interesting to see one or two of our promising youngsters sent there to progress their development? I quite enjoyed following the fortunes of USG when Percy was there.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm starting to think that something quite significant to Tony was thwarted by the lack of a decent centre back. Maybe his Lancing College U-12 football team lost the Cup because a tragic defensive lapse, or his first fixed odds bet from Ladbrokes broke down due to a failed clearance or perhaps he just saw Willie Young's display for us against Portsmouth in 1984. There is clearly something beyond the tactical driving this obsession.

*shudder*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here