Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Celebrity

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Know there are plenty of Celebrity fans on this board....good news, Celebrity will be back this Autumn live from the Jungle. ITV also confirmed Corra and Emmerdale will also start going out 6 days a week from September, Mrs Crodo is delighted.

:clap:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Know there are plenty of Celebrity fans on this board....good news, Celebrity will be back this Autumn live from the Jungle. ITV also confirmed Corra and Emmerdale will also start going out 6 days a week from September, Mrs Crodo is delighted.

Read that as there’s celebrities that post on here.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I think you’ve spoilt us - too much excitement in a single post. Celebrity, Corra and Emmerdale are surely deserving of their own individual post - love them or hate them

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I think you’ve spoilt us - too much excitement in a single post. Celebrity, Corra and Emmerdale are surely deserving of their own individual post - love them or hate them

The latter. All of them. End of.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Britain's Got Talent and The Voice UK will also restart production and extra soap episodes will start in September.
ITV boss Kevin Lygo was hopeful for new dramas to start filming as well.
Lygo, who is the channel's director of television, said that after keeping Coronation Street and Emmerdale on air during the past few months "our daytime [TV] has never performed better and we had brand new entertainment shows on a Saturday, every week".

Media captionCoronation Street filming has resumed following a break during the pandemic
He added: "We're in a better place than we thought we might be and while I haven't got a crystal ball, I am hopeful that with a dozen or so dramas about to go back into production, we won't be watching repeats of Midsomer Murders in January after all."m

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm sorry, but l'm going to have to award you another one of these . . .

:ffsparr:

I fully understand it goes over the head of a number of people. Nobody is expected to like everything.

But the premise of

1) Pitting washed up celebs from the 80 and 90s against younger "stars" nobody has heard of.
2) Starving them and watching them un-wind.
3) Offering an effective prize of some ITV2 work and the possibility of a bit of panto.

..is television genius. The mostly beautiful cynical celebration and two fingers up to the world of celebrity that was ever invented.

It was way ahead of it's time as "event television", now synocronised with instant feedback on social media and apps.

It has an audience that attracts all age groups and is effortlessly produced and delivered.

In terms of television production it's a commissioning editors and advertisers wet dream. Popular television at it's very very finest. I'd be as proud to work on that than any BAFTA winning drama.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I fully understand it goes over the head of a number of people. Nobody is expected to like everything.

But the premise of

1) Pitting washed up celebs from the 80 and 90s against younger "stars" nobody has heard of.
3) Offering an effective prize of some ITV2 work and the possibility of a bit of panto.

..is television genius. The mostly beautiful cynical celebration and two fingers up to the world of celebrity that was ever invented.

It was way ahead of it's time as "event television", now synocronised with instant feedback on social media and apps.

It has an audience that attracts all age groups and is effortlessly produced and delivered.

In terms of television production it's a commissioning editors and advertisers wet dream. Popular television at it's very very finest. I'd be as proud to work on that than any BAFTA winning drama.

....and Ant & Dec, Britains most popular duo loved by young and old alike presenting. One of mine and Mrs Crodo's top 10 programmes.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

But the premise of

I can take it or leave it, but all of what you say is absolutely true. The "head in hands" response is very dull - if you don't like it, don't watch it. But of all the populist shows on television, this is streets ahead of most of them.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
....and Ant & Dec, Britains most popular duo loved by young and old alike presenting. One of mine and Mrs Crodo's top 10 programmes.
Ant the drunk driver could of easily devastated a family for life, but hey ho let’s make him even richer by watching his shite repetitive show.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Moving to North Wales this year, also rumours that Gaynor Faye is the first celebrity to agree to this years addition with strong rumours around Terry Alderton, Kathy Beale, Nina Nannar and Tony Jarrett joining her.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Wot !!!

No poll?

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Moving to North Wales this year, also rumours that Gaynor Faye is the first celebrity to agree to this years addition with strong rumours around Terry Alderton, Kathy Beale, Nina Nannar and Tony Jarrett joining her.

Terry Alderton is genuinely the only one of those 'celebrities' I have heard of :shrug:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Lineup has been leaked and looks like an absolutely stellar cast this year.

Sir Mo Farah
Nigel Bond
Vernon Kay
AJ Pritchard
Liz McDonald
Russ Watson
Vicky Derbyshire
Judith Chalmers
Diane Louie Jordan
Danni Behr

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The definition of 'celebrity' seems to have changed over the years. Nowadays it's some Geordie munter or a spaced-out space cadet Botox Monster. And don't even get me STARTED on the women contestants

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here