Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should we sign a "star striker" or keep starting Maupay going forward?

JVacation

Jul 19, 2019
With Brighton going hard already in the transfer window do you think we should look at signing a "star" striker or should we keep starting Maupay going forward? Maupay has been rather good but it is safe to say that he hasn't been "amazing" (except his moments against Arsenal)

Connolly is also showing progress which is rather promising but I personally see Connolly and Maupay as having a similar playstyle.

What do you think? Any possible signings that could take our forwards to the next level?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I don't think we need a billy big-conkers but it certainly lifts a whole team when they know they have someone who can put them away when they play it forward.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just a younger upgrade on Murray, doesn’t need to be a “star” necessarily, more someone who has the right attributes and personality to fit into the existing squad.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bizarre question - where‘ s the (obvious) option of sign a new star striker and play him mainly alongside Maupay?!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
With Brighton going hard already in the transfer window do you think we should look at signing a "star" striker or should we keep starting Maupay going forward? Maupay has been rather good but it is safe to say that he hasn't been "amazing" (except his moments against Arsenal)

Connolly is also showing progress which is rather promising but I personally see Connolly and Maupay as having a similar playstyle.

What do you think? Any possible signings that could take our forwards to the next level?

He has been amazing. Very much doubt there is a better striker available. I agree another striker should be signed, but it should be someone who brings "something else" rather than "something better".

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
One a bit bigger and more physical than Connolly and Maupay wouldn't hurt, I personally don't think we need a 'Star'.

I don't think Potter Teams function with 'Stars' - I'm thinking of Mr Tumble of course..

If Salah fancies life in Sussex I might be persuaded of course...

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
One a bit bigger and more physical than Connolly and Maupay wouldn't hurt, I personally don't think we need a 'Star'.

I don't think Potter Teams function with 'Stars' - I'm thinking of Mr Tumble of course..

If Salah fancies life in Sussex I might be persuaded of course...

Chris Wood

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I dont think we need to drop £30-40 million on a new star striker who then because of the price tag demands a starting place. It would just unsettle the progress made with Maupay and Connolly. They need to work as a trio next season, so there's no need to bring in a personality who can't handle that rotation. More likely is we go for another £20 million striker, who has different qualities to those two but also compliments them. Someone tall and athletic. We're basically looking for the next Raul Jimenez. Doing that for £20million is where Dan Ashworth will earn his wages.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm perfectly happy with Maupay up top tbh. What we need is to keep the ball better and get him more/better service.

He's been great and worked very well with the chances we've created IMO.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I think we need a striker, Mitrovic would be the striker of choice but an alternative to what we have already

I saw Crawley play at Plymouth January time

They had a big fella playing up front by the name of Ollie Palmer

He held the ball up well , played simple passes, played most of the game with his back to goal but rarely gave the ball away, scored two tap ins and Crawley got a very credible point pretty much down to him.

I wouldn’t have thought he could make the step up but that’s the type of forward we could do with, particularly for away games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here