Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudis withdraw from Newcastle deal

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Bit of a catch 22 for Ashley. He doesn’t want to spend anymore money but unless he continues to invest they will be in danger of being relegated which massively reduces their worth when it comes to selling the club.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
The Premier League have played that one quite well. Paves the way for the other buyer, if Ashley wants to sell which he might well do ahead of the mother of all recessions.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Decided they can no longer compete as the all conquering mighty Whites have entered the league and it will be just a waste of the honest money.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If they start the next season with nothing sorted, I'd fancy them to be in the relegation scrap. Up to the lockdown (in my opinion) they were the spawniest of all the teams in the Prem; they hardly seemed to play well in any game, yet somehow fluked wins here and there.

Without the cash investment, and the turmoil that would create, I'd expect them to struggle.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
With a human rights hat on, I'm saying "this is a great day for the Premier League to not have a club associated with this grubby regime"

With a person who often wishes bad things on Newcastle United fans hat, I'm saying "hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha"

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Newcastle Villa and Brentford
Bottom Three then [emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I bet the heads up (rather than heads off) that they were going to be refused as fit and proper owners and given the chance to gracefully back out

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I feel sorry for the supporters that there hasn't been a change there. However, I'm pleased this hasn't happened. If they had tried a take over at the Albion I would have been against it, prospects or not.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Newcastle fans don’t seem to like Steve Bruce yet they only got a point less under him than under the messiah miracle worker :rolleyes: Rafa Benitez

I can’t imagine Steve Bruce was behind the purchase of that donkey Joelinton either, not sure if it’s true but a Newcastle supporting friend of mine said that the 40M fee they paid for him was a sham made up figure anyway.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's a bit of a shame they hadn't either sacked or broken any trust with Bruce assuming this was happening, and then being unable to bring in anyone decent when the takeover fell through.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I shouldn't laugh.

I shouldn't eat this whole packet of Jaffa Cakes either, but I'M GOING TO.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here