If Percy Tau gets a work permit do we still need another extra striker

• Yes, you can never have too many options

Votes: 40 95.2%
  • No, Percy Tau is the missing piece

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If we somehow manage to get a work permit for Percy Tau do you still want another extra striker to be signed this summer?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
We're not going to get a work permit for Percy Tau. He will be an Anderlecht player next year, hopefully with the club making a healthy profit.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
A slight built winger/no 10 type who can’t even get a Regular place in a Belgian league team - do you seriously think he
Could be the answer to the striker problem of A Premier League team?🤣🤣👍

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We need the next Dion Dublin, a centre back/centre forward type player.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Percy Tau might well have been the answer at one point. But then he hit work permit problems and we got similar kind of player Maupay onboard instead. Reckon the Percy Tau ship has sailed sadly. Shame, would have been good to see what he could do in the stripes

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
In the eyes of the club, was Percy Tau EVER the answer. The likelihood of a work permit at the time depended on a list of unlikely events occurring simultaneously which we had no control or input . South Africa needed to win x amount of games to rise substantially in ranking, , Tau needed to feature in X number of senior competitive internationals, plus a few others I am sure.
I wouldn't be surprised if the thinking then (and now) was here is a player with potential, going for a pretty cheap amount that we can develop and make some serious profit on, and in the unlikely event that we can get a permit, may be a good squad player for us. After a couple of reasonably good years for Percy, his stock has risen quite substantially, and with our squad now immeasurably better than then,the chances of him getting into the first team seem remote, even without the work permit issue, which has not eased at all seeing as South Africa have not improved enough in the world rankings and Brexit. I can see a sale this window, making quite a substantial profit on the initial outlay and subsequent costs.
This I think has always been a shrewd business move for Brighton, rather than an addition to the playing staff. With the signings so far this week, anything like a decent price on Percy will possibly fund a substantial part of this windows outlay

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here