Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Callum Wilson

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The smartest thing for the Geordies is that Fraser is going there too, and he and Wilson work really well together. Get the feeling that someone else is pulling the strings behind the scenes at Newcastle.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't realise he's as old as he is. 29 next birthday, so has minimal resale value. No wonder we didn't go in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't realise he's as old as he is. 29 next birthday, so has minimal resale value. No wonder we didn't go in.

I didn't realise he was only this good:-

Is he?

He's only got into double figures once, 14 goals the season before last.
The rest have been between 5 and 8.

He's missed 2 half seasons with ligament damage.
He played all but 1 game last season scoring 8 (eight) goals.

You're paying for media hype not proven ability.

until I checked his goal scoring stats.

I have absolutely no idea how and why anyone not named Wilson can get excited by him.

I'd wager 6 whole pence Connolly out scores him this season - taken as read Maupay will.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Wilson went something like 20 games without scoring last season too. If (and all hypothetical of course) he'd scored even twice during that period, they would likely have stayed up.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Didn't Newcastle realise that Bournemouth were relegated? And they're trying to sign Rob Holding...... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I didn't realise he was only this good:-

until I checked his goal scoring stats.

I have absolutely no idea how and why anyone not named Wilson can get excited by him.

I'd wager 6 whole pence Connolly out scores him this season - taken as read Maupay will.

This is almost dripping with confidence in our scoring potential this season. Is everything okay over in Stat Towers?:moo:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is almost dripping with confidence in our scoring potential this season. Is everything okay over in Stat Towers?:moo:

No, but there's nothing new in that.

I had to take a fellow poster to task as they were "expecting more from Maupay this season".
Which in my mind is bollox.
I am however expecting more from Connolly.

Therefore as Wilson is unlikely to reach double figures.
Whereas I believe Maupay is all but guaranteed.
While Connolly should be close.

I reckon I'm on pretty safe ground, as the comment was more of a dig at £100,000 a week, goal shy, sicknote Wilson as it was a ringing endorsement of our 2 chippy little buggars (gawd love'um)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No, but there's nothing new in that.

I had to take a fellow poster to task as they were "expecting more from Maupay this season".
Which in my mind is bollox.
I am however expecting more from Connolly.

Therefore as Wilson is unlikely to reach double figures.
Whereas I believe Maupay is all but guaranteed.
While Connolly should be close.

I reckon I'm on pretty safe ground, as the comment was more of a dig at £100,000 a week, goal shy, sicknote Wilson as it was a ringing endorsement of our 2 chippy little buggars (gawd love'um)

Yep, signs were by the end of last season Maupay's Gaelic temperament were more than washing off on young Connolly who at Burnley looked transformed from slightly lightweight young fancy-dan, to an in your face centre-half bashing centre forward terrier. I know it was the final game, but if that is what is to come, then the future is very bright for Connolly and our goal scoring threats this term.

Just short of £5m per year for Wilson. :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Just short of £5m per year for Wilson. [emoji38]ol:

Still cheap compared to the goal machine Benteke though.

Edit - Hold up, not seen what Wilson's wages are. If you're saying that's what he's being paid then it's a £10m a year cost to the club on a four year contract......

But that's still cheaper than Benteke. [emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here