Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Callum Wilson

mefromringmer

Aug 9, 2013
What do you think about signing him?

West Ham and Newcastle expressing an interest for him at £20 million. A move along the South Coast may suit him better.

The asking price is in our range, possible cash and player swap, Duffy, Stevens, March???

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Gary Stevens retired through injury many seasons ago, I don't think Bournemouth would be interested in a swap for him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Already been threads on him. It was 'maybe' and now it's, er, maybe.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How many 'swap' deals have actually happened in the last 10 years?

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
He would definitely improve us, but I think we will be looking elsewhere for a striker at that price with his age and injury record (Lallana on a free is a quite a bit different). I would be after Brooks if he's within our price range as we don't have a first choice right winger. He's versatile as well so can play centrally, or on the left if needed.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its a no for me but wouldnt really be opposed to it either. Just feel there should be something more interesting out there somewhere.

Not sure if £20m is correct? Apparently Bournemouth have accepted offer of £41m for Ake from Man City.

Well.. it is two different players though..?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bit in the Telegraph yesterday saying several Bournemouth players don't have relegation clauses in their contract so their wage bill next season will be one of the highest in the league. Also went on to say they owe £80m+ in transfer fees which are due and only have about £5m coming in.

I guess we'll see how deep their chairman pockets are, even so they'll still have to play by the FFP rules (HAHAHAHA).

Either way can see some of the higher paid chaps which you'd assume Wilson is one leaving this summer. (Just seen Ake confirmed to Cithe for £41m)

If £20m is his market value that seems reasonable value in this day and age.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
For 20million it's a yes from me(provided wages/dick head policy etc). All signings are a risk but he's an experienced and proven premier league goal scorer so the risk should be fairly well mitigated.

Although based on our last two signings maybe we've got an even higher calibre of player in our sights.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Think we should be waiting to see if Fulham go up and if not get Mitrovic in asap. A front two of Maupay and Mitrovic would equal a torrid time for any premier league defence.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think we should be waiting to see if Fulham go up and if not get Mitrovic in asap. A front two of Maupay and Mitrovic would equal a torrid time for any premier league defence.

Agreed but also not sure a bigger man would suit Potter tbh... He seems to like the nippy quick strikers. Same could be said for Brentford and Watkins - I think the other guy up front will be off to a better side than us if they don’t go up (for Leeds fans lurking - this is called perspective and non arrogance).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This. 20m is nothing nowadays for a proven Prem striker but his wages may be an issue at 110k a week apparently!, would be a good replacement for Muz though

Wage structure is all conjecture on our part, tho on the club's part that structure has to stay in step with their stated ambitions

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I just wonder if we can do better than a relegated Bournemouth striker...?

Just seems a bit Hughton era. I think Ashworth may be a bit more creative.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here