Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We've moved up a level

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
With the singing of Veltman and Lallana we appeared to have moved up a level and become a bit more attractive to potential signing in others' eyes.
When first promoted we were "Probably going to get relegated" but we stayed up and moved into "Possibly likely to get relegated" for the next couple of seasons.
I think we've now moved into "Probably not going to get relegated".
Subtle but welcome changes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll relax a bit when we have signed an exciting striker.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
The second we start believing that the better the chances are we will go down. Underestimate this league at your peril. Good news is Potter knows this already.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I don't see us as being perceived as "Probably not going to get relegated" - Read any of these so-called experts making their predictions at the beginning of every season and we're nailed on to go down by nearly all of them.
Even at the beginning of the season, see the odds from the bookies - this is what everyone's perception is before the ball's been kicked. Loads of people still continue to underestimate us, and long may that continue.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I'd be over the moon if we played well next season, got 42 points and finished in 14th next season. Building a foundation and cementing our place as a consistent Premier League club is the priority, not getting ideas above our station.

Saying that, I'm stunned by those two quality signings and at the very least it's a great sign of forward momentum.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Get the feeling he's just going to go with Maupay and Connolly - and the odd cameo from Murray - for at least the first half of the season, while trying to coax more goals out of midfield and defence

God I hope you're wrong. We desperately need that younger version of Murray and someone who takes more of the chances they are given if we are going to progress.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
With the singing of Veltman and Lallana we appeared to have moved up a level and become a bit more attractive to potential signing in others' eyes.
When first promoted we were "Probably going to get relegated" but we stayed up and moved into "Possibly likely to get relegated" for the next couple of seasons.
I think we've now moved into "Probably not going to get relegated".
Subtle but welcome changes.

whos likely to finish below us next season ?

Still think we are firmly in the stay up at all costs teams

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Get the feeling he's just going to go with Maupay and Connolly - and the odd cameo from Murray - for at least the first half of the season, while trying to coax more goals out of midfield and defence

Unless it is an Ollie Watkins (young, exciting English player with the potential for a profit if it all works out) then I can't see us lumping for another gamble like Locadia up front. In each of our three Premier League seasons we've had the most prolific striker in the bottom half (Murray and then Maupay) and we rarely play more than one up front.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020

This is where we lack at the moment, especially defenders not scoring. With our height and power you'd expect more goals from defenders.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The second we start believing that the better the chances are we will go down. Underestimate this league at your peril. Good news is Potter knows this already.

It's a balancing act. To move on you need confidence and belief but you're correct that you underestimate this division at your peril

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
whos likely to finish below us next season ?

Still think we are firmly in the stay up at all costs teams

Leeds, Villa, Fulham/Cardiff/Brentford, Palace, West Ham, Newcastle. I think it's unrealistic to think that we could finish above most/all of them.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We're becoming a club similar to the likes of Southampton and Newcastle, I believe, with our presence in the PL over multiple seasons.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

I’d like another striker.

However for me it isn’t our biggest issue so you might well be correct.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
We've made a better calibre of signing but it's too soon to proclaim we have moved up a level. Let's see how we start next season before getting ahead of ourselves.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Leeds, Villa, Fulham/Cardiff/Brentford, Palace, West Ham, Newcastle. I think it's unrealistic to think that we could finish above most/all of them.

I think we'll improve our league position next season so I do think we'll finish above most of those. I'd chuck in Burnley, Southampton and Sheffield Utd as teams who won't get much above us. I expect a surprise struggler as well. Tipping Everton to be bottom half.

I expect us to be part of a very congested mid table

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm intrigued by the number of seasons bottom-half clubs survive in the PL.

This year both Watford and Bornemouth saw the end of a 5-year stay
Swansea were in the PL for 7 years and Stoke 10 years, West Brom [last-time] and Wigan also survived 8 years.

The only EPL clubs never to have been relegated from the PL are: Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Man United, Spurs and US - long may that remain!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here