Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Great Potter Revolution Is Here

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lallana is not slow. As for being old, Potter was talking last week about adding experience but 29 is right at the peak of a player's career.
What both have in common is being technically very able footballers. We won't sign anyone who isn't very comfortable with the ball.
Exciting times ahead.

Speed of thought and the ability to move the ball quickly can make up for quite a bit of El Galgo energy too

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My guess is that certain players and their agents may have been told they are unlikely to make the 25 (Montoya), or will be predominantly used as backup only (Duffy/Murray).
They can accept that and see out their contracts or they can start looking for a move.

Other than that I can't see the club actively looking to get rid of anyone (Andone and Locadia excepted), but would certainly look at any decent offers for certain players (Jahanbaksh/Gross/Stephens/Propper).

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Watched Ajax a few times bombs up and down the right. Not sure who you've been speaking too.. Positioning is pretty good and covers a lot of ground also. Probably faster than our current centre backs.

As for Lallana he's not rapid but certainly not "slow" easily quicker than Stephens, Mooy, Gross, Propper..

We'll agree to disagree.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Why on earth would we need wholesale changes when we finally seem to be clicking? March, Propper, Stephens all good squad players. Selling Dunk a massive risk based on what he gives us.

Subtle adjustments to evolve the squad needed.

Glad you're not in charge, else it would be nailed on relegation.

Agree with all of that. I think the OP was very harsh with some of his out list, particularly the names you mention.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So a vive la revolution thread is all about who we're chucking out of the Albion? This ain't right.

Potter's revolution is in our style and way of playing, adding youth and pace, sure, but its definitely NOT a revolution in the way Brighton is as a club. We don't dump club legends unceremoniously, we place value on our past stars helping to build our future and have loyalty to those who have committed their careers to the Albion. We keep deep squads which has served us well in the pandemic.

We will move players on if they are on the fringes and want first team football, but that's all. Most seem happy here, Duffy and Murray and Stephens have lost their first choice slots but haven't complained in public, always seem positive and happy on match days and put in a great shift when called upon. Murray has frequently spoken in glowing terms about Potter. They may be allowed to leave if they have an offer from another Prem team to be first choice, and if they want to do that, and that's fair enough. But we won't be 'getting rid'! Heck we even offered Schelotto a new contract by all accounts.

In three years we haven't suffered an injury crisis, but if one hits, we will want that strength in depth and thank our stars we didn't just 'get rid of Stephens or Duffy'.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
People keep talking about Stephens moving on (Naylor was doing it in The Athletic a couple of weeks ago) but I'm willing to bet a shiny English pound that he'll still be with us by the end of next season.

Gross has hardly been mentioned but my guess is that he'll be the midfielder to get shifted out

Does Molumby have to be named in our squad? I

Don't think so - he's only 20 (21 next month).

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I don't get that most people seem to think we need a left back. I've seen nothing wrong with Bernado, in fact, I quite like him. We also have Burn, whom must people say is not a left back but I don't think the team plays as well without him in it. He's not going to get in at CB. And, he's been mightily unlucky not to score a few.
Lastly, we have March who does a good job as LWB. OK, he could be a bit better going forward but defensively, he is fine.

If we found a left sided Lamptey, that would be good but like Lamptey, he would not start every game, due to age and experience.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I don't get that most people seem to think we need a left back. I've seen nothing wrong with Bernado, in fact, I quite like him.

I really like Bernardo too, like Ali-J.

However, I think he is leaving because like Ali-J, Potter does not appear to fancy him. I just could not fathom why he was not getting more LB or LWB starts last season, he has so much in his game.

I’d like both to stay but if Potter isn’t going to use them, we’re better off finding players he will.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't get that most people seem to think we need a left back. I've seen nothing wrong with Bernado, in fact, I quite like him. We also have Burn, whom must people say is not a left back but I don't think the team plays as well without him in it. He's not going to get in at CB. And, he's been mightily unlucky not to score a few.
Lastly, we have March who does a good job as LWB. OK, he could be a bit better going forward but defensively, he is fine.

If we found a left sided Lamptey, that would be good but like Lamptey, he would not start every game, due to age and experience.

I really like Bernardo too, like Ali-J.

However, I think he is leaving because like Ali-J, Potter does not appear to fancy him. I just could not fathom why he was not getting more LB or LWB starts last season, he has so much in his game.

I’d like both to stay but if Potter isn’t going to use them, we’re better off finding players he will.

I dunno about Bernardo... when Dan Burn was injured for a month in January, the whole defense just fell apart. The team conceded three goals against Bournemouth and West Ham - the only two times more than two goals were conceded against a team outside the top 4.

I hope he leaves, I dont think he is PL standard defensively.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I dunno about Bernardo... when Dan Burn was injured for a month in January, the whole defense just fell apart. The team conceded three goals against Bournemouth and West Ham - the only two times more than two goals were conceded against a team outside the top 4.

I hope he leaves, I dont think he is PL standard defensively.
That's the bit where I mentioned the team isn't the same without Burn. During that injury period we really missed him.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The EVOLUTION will continue. Small changes as mentioned, 3-5 out.

REVOLUTION is not in the Bloom blood. Or that of PB, DA and GPott (the man).

Small steps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here