Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Great Potter Revolution Is Here

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Last year was evolution as Ashworth, Barber & Bloom learnt about the magic of Potter.

Now - it’s time for wholesale change and we’ve started early!

Still plenty of business to conclude!

What an exciting Summer we’ll have as Potter clears out the old guard and recruits a wave of exciting young dynamic talent!

- IN: (Around 4?)

Lamptey style LB/LWB (J. Lewis or R.Sessegnon)

Tall quick striker, young and good on the ball and in the air: (Solanke, Edouard, Muriqi, Yaremchuk etc).

Versatile, young, dynamic DM/[emoji16]Utility: (Maitland-Niles)

Quick, young, goal scoring, skilful Forward/Winger/AM: (Neres, Sarr, Brooks etc).

U23 Graduates:

White
Molumby
Cochrane
Clarke
Băluță

- OUT:

Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bernardo
Stephens
Pröpper
March
Ali-J
Izquierdo

Vive la révolution!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who knows how it will turn out but it’s all very exciting!

Getting the players to give us a midfield and forward line to scare any club in this division, on our day, by the end of the window is a realistic hope now, surely?

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Last year was evolution as Ashworth, Barber & Bloom learnt about the magic of Potter.

What an exciting Summer we’ll have as Potter clears out the old guard and recruits a wave of exciting young dynamic talent!

Tall quick striker, young and good on the ball and in the air: (Solanke, Edouard, Muriqi, Yaremchuk etc).

Quick, young, goal scoring, skilful Forward/Winger/AM: (Neres, Sarr, Brooks etc).

U23 Graduates:

White
Molumby
Cochrane
Clarke
Băluță

- OUT:

Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bernardo
Stephens
Pröpper
March
Ali-J
Izquierdo

Vive la révolution!!!

Yes, we are bringing players in and certainly there will be players leaving us but to include Dunk in there and then to state "Vive la révolution" - deluded.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I can’t see anywhere near that level of players leaving

Montoya
Duffy
Ali-J

Perhaps Bernardo if we get in a new LB

Not sure at this stage why Baluta and Molumby would be a better option than Propper and Stephens.

Think the Potter evolution is going to take several seasons to evolve the squad rather than one season then mass changes. He has a long contract for a reason.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

U23 Graduates:

White
Molumby
Cochrane
Clarke
Băluță

- OUT:

Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bernardo
Stephens
Pröpper
March
Ali-J
Izquierdo

Vive la révolution!!!

Agee with and fully onboard with all apart from:

- Dunk out. Don’t agree, and don’t see it anyway (rightly) given GPs comments on Dunk yesterday when winning player of the season.

- AJ I would keep, but agree he will go

- Izquierdo [emoji22]sad story, but his Albion career does appear to be over.

Aside from this I am fully onboard with the Potter revolution. Have full faith in him as a man and as a manager.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Exciting times

Although I'm happy relatively with the 2 signings so far they are almost strangely a bit anti potterball. Slow and old !

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
It would have been a crime to finally get into the PL then hang around for a few years at the bottom, before meekly getting relegated Without going for it.
That won’t happen now as we are properly having a go and I’m confident there’ll be more Quality signings.
So Whatever happens next season And in the future, the club have shown ambition. As a fan, That counts for a lot.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

U23 Graduates:

White
Molumby
Cochrane
Clarke
Băluță

- OUT:

Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bernardo
Stephens
Pröpper
March
Ali-J
Izquierdo

Vive la révolution!!!

I think we are moving in that direction but maybe not at the rapid speed that the OP anticipates. I also expect Dunk to be here next season unless a top four club comes in for him. There will be more outs than ins this offseason and just for once we may actually generate some funds. I expect one of Stephens/Pröpper to go but not both. Duffy, Montoya, Jose to go. Bernardo may stick around as we are so light in his position. March and Ali-J could go but wouldn't be surprised to see one of them stick around either.

It does promise to be an exciting transfer window, I suspect the LB will be the next position filled and we will of course have to wait until the midnight hour for the additional striker to turn up.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

U23 Graduates:

White
Molumby
Cochrane
Clarke
Băluță

- OUT:

Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bernardo
Stephens
Pröpper
March
Ali-J
Izquierdo

Vive la révolution!!!

I don't think you'll have got the names entirely right, but I think you've captured the essence of what will happen this summer.

GP has shown how ruthless he can be at shipping players out, so I think about 2/3's of your out list is right, there may also be some even more surprising departures and I still think we've got 2 or 3 to come in. Not in the positions which everyone is expecting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You don't offload 7 players with first team credentials in one transfer window.

Anyway what's the rush to throw away, didn't we have a 22 or 23 man squad last season?
There's room for a few 'nailed on starters' to get Montoyaed.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
- OUT:

Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bernardo
Stephens
Pröpper
March
Ali-J
Izquierdo

Vive la révolution!!!

Yes! these defiantly all need to be binned!

I'd also add Maupay, Trossard, Bissouma, Ryan, Webster, Burn and possibly Lamptey to the OUT list

Maybe PX them for the Leeds team

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
If we could sign a goal scoring striker like Giroud or Abraham to compliment Maupay & Connolly, then I think we are in for a very exciting season indeed.
Can we secure a striker of that quality? I’m not sure, although I’m much more confident after the club have surprised us with two CL regulars.
Also I think Connolly will be a cracking player and Maupay will be more confident this season, so even without another CF, we should see improvements on the pitch.
UTA

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If we could sign a goal scoring striker like Giroud or Abraham to compliment Maupay & Connolly, then I think we are in for a very exciting season indeed.
Can we secure a striker of that quality? I’m not sure, although I’m much more confident after the club have surprised us with two CL regulars.
Also I think Connolly will be a cracking player and Maupay will be more confident this season, so even without another CF, we should see improvements on the pitch.
UTA

Let's have a word with Chelsea then, see what they say

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Slightly weird thread, this. :shrug:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
UTA

Potter could ring up Lampard and say something like.

So Frank, you know those two strikers you’ve got … your top two scorers, last season, yes that’s it, the World Cup winner and the young England player …… yes, that’s them …. You couldn’t see fit to … you know …. Sell them to us could you? You could? Great, thanks. Put them on the line would you? Hi, Tammy, hi Olivier, I’m Graham. We’d like you to come to Brighton instead. Is that OK? You’re both up for it, that’s marvellous. I agree, the Champions League is an overrated competition, you don’t want to doing all of that .. no, no I’m sure your wives will be fine with you agreeing to half your pay. See you in Lancing, ta ta”.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

U23 Graduates:

White
Molumby
Cochrane
Clarke
Băluță

- OUT:

Duffy
Dunk
Montoya
Bernardo
Stephens
Pröpper
March
Ali-J
Izquierdo

Vive la révolution!!!

Dunk - no way unless we get a totally daft bid from a top 6 club and he wants to go
Bernardo - only if we get another LB
Stephens/Propper/March - unlikely IMO, decent squad players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here