Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Joel Veltman signs from Ajax in a 3-year deal

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Am I missing something? This thread jumps from August to March to present and no mention of Barcelona yet suddenly gets brought up? Was there a credible link at some point I missed?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Am I missing something? This thread jumps from August to March to present and no mention of Barcelona yet suddenly gets brought up? Was there a credible link at some point I missed?
Who are you? What have you done with ITK sheebo?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It's been on another thread (also Sevilla & Roma, apparently) for a week or two. Don't remember which one

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I’m not suggesting that Veltman wouldn’t act professionally but if there really is an offer to play for Barca on the table and we say he can’t go I would imagine he would be pretty pissed off. Not sure we would want a disgruntled member of staff around bringing a mood of gloom to the place. Can’t see the point personally.

I don't think anyone is saying we wouldn't let him go. Just that we wouldn't (and shouldn't) let him go for free.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was as if someone took a tonne of weight off my shoulders when I saw Veltman's name on Sunday's team sheet.

Yep. We're better all over with JV in the team
To be fair, if he wasn't playing then we'd have been missing an important Gross or Caicedo in the middle, so we were all delighted.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
YouTube recommended this video to me today, and I thought it was all rather awkward - players looking just to move down the line quickly, signing and smiling for a selfie. They're not really in "stop to be interviewed" mode.

...until Joel Veltman came along, anyway He recognises the lad, let him know he'd watched him before, stopped for a chat and, as he finished, told the lad to keep on going. Just a really classy way to engage and must have made the lad's day.

Well done Joel Veltman - thoroughly decent bloke.

Last edited:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
YouTube recommended this video to me today, and I thought it was all rather awkward - players looking just to move down the line quickly, signing and smiling for a selfie. They're not really in "stop to be interviewed" mode.

...until Joel Veltman came along, anyway He recognises the lad, let him know he'd watched him before, stopped for a chat and, as he finished, told the lad to keep on going. Just a really classy way to engage and must have made the lad's day.

Well done Joel Veltman - thoroughly decent bloke.

Was speaking to to Mr & Mrs Veltman after the Man Utd match, we may of stayed for an extra drink. What lovely people they both were, more than happy to have a chat for ten minutes or so, only stopped when we had to make the train dash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here