Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton & Hove Albion 2020/21 fixtures

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Yeah, I know, but honestly I’ve not heard a thing.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Probably something to do with the line up of the division not being known yet.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fingers crossed we start with an unprecedented 8 away games.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Probably something to do with the line up of the division not being known yet.

Yes, but the date the fixtures are released is usually known well before the end of the season.

The OP is asking 'on what date will the fixtures be released', not 'why don't we know the fixture list yet'

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Probably because the PL, FA and EFL all need to sort out dates the League Cup and FA Cup will be played on - which will then determine how many rounds of midweek PL games there will need to be and when they are best fitted in after consulting with clubs in PL and FA on closeness or otherwise to international breaks

Apart from that nothing much to sort out ...

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Probably because the PL, FA and EFL all need to sort out dates the League Cup and FA Cup will be played on - which will then determine how many rounds of midweek PL games there will need to be and when they are best fitted in after consulting with clubs in PL and FA on closeness or otherwise to international breaks

Apart from that nothing much to sort out ...

I’d scrap the League Cup next year. Serves no purpose.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
EFL could be fun, if Wigan appeal, and then Sheffield Wednesday and Derby lose their cases and have points deducted and appeal. The appeal process could go on beyond the start of the season.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Someone on Twitter tried to work out the available dates. Assume early Carabao overlaps with CL.

Screenshot_20200730-070612_Twitter.jpg

Going to need that bigger squad.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I’d scrap the League Cup next year. Serves no purpose.

The League Cup is run by the EFL. Nothing to do with the PL. So this is unlikely to happen.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
why would the league cup be scrapped ?

Football proven is safe and been a success and Covid numbers going down and this is way in the future.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Wish they'd bin off the Carabao (City) Cup. Totally not needed this year considering the nailed on fixture congestion.

Why ? Good run out for the U23's

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
why would the league cup be scrapped ?

Football proven is safe and been a success and Covid numbers going down and this is way in the future.

A League Cup competition has been scrapped in a lot of European countries. Most recently France which just saw its last final between PSG and Lyon. France, Belgium, Spain and Germany all had league cup competitions and no longer do. Italy have never had one. It is the UK and Portugal in terms of "larger footballing nations" that are left.

I would argue that we are in desperate need of reform for our "Carabao" Cup competition to gain a popularity once again. Mainly, I'd say the top 6 can't qualify. It would open up the calendar for the European teams and give a great opportunity for someone outside of Manchester to win it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here