Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ollie Watkins

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The distance from Torquay to here is roughly the same as from here to Sheffield, so I'm not sure that theory quite stands up :lolol:

(Or Cleethorpes, if you want a seaside town)

Correct. For some reason in my mind Latitude is more relevant than Longitude.

Just my southern bias at play.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Not that he showed much/anything today....

Disagree. Played the centre forward role very well in a game where he was starved of any quality service, used his body strength very well to hold the ball up and always looked to try and get a snapshot away if he could. Not a barnstorming performance by any means, but I can totally see how he got so many goals this season. Considering our need for a striker and what the going rate for strikers is these days (40 million for Joelinton, 22 for Wesley, 45 for Haller), I reckon 18 million wouldn't be bad value at all.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
polite way of saying, he's shit.

btw i agree, wouldnt want him personally, big gap up to PL, another Locadia?

Not saying you're wrong or right, but our recruitment team monitors a player for a season or two before making a bid. Not just one game.

Even then, as Locadia proved, it's not an exact science.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't come off for him today, but I like him. Takes a shot early, quick, good strength, I've seen him roll a few defenders this season. Looks like the type of rough diamond GP could polish.

That said, I'd still prefer Giroud. I am obsessed with Giroud. It might be the beard.

Thought he was played out the game today, so was Benrama

YesMooy

Jul 31, 2020
Had seen some links to Mitrovic who would have been a good signings. Watkins is young and looks a real good player but you never know about that championship/ premier league step up. Would Watkins fit with what Brighton need? And hes been linked to Leeds too so that might drive the price up

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
e0107989163306d4ea3b779d4f42ce3c.jpg

WAG enquires made.

Seems to be level headed and makes good choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Didn't come off for him today, but I like him. Takes a shot early, quick, good strength, I've seen him roll a few defenders this season. Looks like the type of rough diamond GP could polish.

That said, I'd still prefer Giroud. I am obsessed with Giroud. It might be the beard.

Giroud would turn us into a top 10 side.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Given the anonymousity between both chairman would they sell us another one of their star strikers , just 12 months on?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The distance from Torquay to here is roughly the same as from here to Sheffield, so I'm not sure that theory quite stands up :lolol:

(Or Cleethorpes, if you want a seaside town)

When I lived in Liverpool, I was constantly correcting people who believed that if I visited home back in Sussex, that it was quite close to Cornwall. :facepalm:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Given the anonymousity between both chairman would they sell us another one of their star strikers , just 12 months on?

Reported that he has a 18 million release clause in the contract so he wouldn’t have a choice

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
This morning we're all after Watkins and Benhrama rather than Cairney and Mitrovic I see

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This morning we're all after Watkins and Benhrama rather than Cairney and Mitrovic I see

I know what you're saying. That said, even if it were the other way around, I don't think the club are interested in Mitrovic. He limits the way teams play as he's pretty one-dimensional and doesn't fit the "Potterball" way at all. Also, I didn't realise Cairney is 29! I thought he was still 24

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has activated his 18 mill release clause. Crystal Palace are apparently at the head of the queue to singe him.....

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I suspect Managers and Chairman were hovering over the send button to his agent for the last 20 mins of that game last night....and... send

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

This is bolleaux as proved by the Maupay purchase. They are both businessmen after all. If the deal makes sense to both parties plus Watkins then it will happen

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This is bolleaux as proved by the Maupay purchase. They are both businessmen after all. If the deal makes sense to both parties plus Watkins then it will happen

That’s my point - yeah sure they did Maupay but there has to be a sense of pride and selling your star striker 2 seasons running to your arch rival seems a bit far fetched.

Either way sounds like Dean Smith wanted him for a while & Palace eyeing up a bid to meet clause

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Has activated his 18 mill release clause. Crystal Palace are apparently at the head of the queue to singe him.....

And they could have used the same clause to snatch him for £10m last Summer.

I’m really worried about us taking on another Championship punt if we’re aiming for the top ten.

Perhaps let Palace have this one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here