Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ollie Watkins

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Time to bump this thread

Brentford have just signed Ivan for £10m so you have to imagine Watkins has his transfer sorted and we’ll hear news soon.

Not Villa from the looks of things.

Could it be us?

[tweet]1299074203287777283[/tweet]

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm pretty sure he'll go to Villa now that Brentford have his replacement sorted.

Brentford have bid accepted but not 100% sure if Toney will go to Brentford. could be BS, but I saw a report yesterday that says he has refused the move to them and wants to hold out for PL.

ofc if no PL comes in he may be forced to or Celtic etc, not sure its that cut and dried.

Toney is an interesting one though, scoring for fun in that league and 10 million, if he bags in a load in the championship you'd double your money. Could be a decent bet for a PL team to buy him and loan him next season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Brentford spending 10 million on one player while in the Championship. Let that sink in!!! Staggering for a small club. Think we spent around 4 million on Duffy

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The sun saying villa are offering 70k a week for Watkins which is out of our price range. Another one bites the dust.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The sun saying villa are offering 70k a week for Watkins which is out of our price range. Another one bites the dust.

Villa are getting desperate if true, more money than sense.

That said, we're crying out for some 'quality' reinforcement up top.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I don’t think £70k per week is out of our price range anymore, but maybe not for Watkins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Really can't believe anything written in that sh1trag.

Always remember the phone hacking enquiry where the journos testified that they literally invented stories by looking thru other papers and invented names of other journos just to fill the pages.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wouldn't believe a word of transfer gossip in the papers if I were you. I know the people who make this stuff up.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Let’s hope we are at least in the race. We bl00dy well should be

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
No disrespect to Watkins but I'd want someone proven at this level for £70,000 a week.

Clearly with Lallana and the new Dunk deal we have broken our wages ceiling now, so if the said striker is the right fit for Potter's squad then TB is not afraid to pay the weekly wage.

This is all a far cry from when Gulls Eye were sent a club bank statement in early 1997, the entire wage bill for the club was around £20,000 a week.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
No disrespect to Watkins but I'd want someone proven at this level for £70,000 a week.

Clearly with Lallana and the new Dunk deal we have broken our wages ceiling now, so if the said striker is the right fit for Potter's squad then TB is not afraid to pay the weekly wage.

This is all a far cry from when Gulls Eye were sent a club bank statement in early 1997, the entire wage bill for the club was around £20,000 a week.

The 70k is made up. It’s more like 35-40k.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here