crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
I know naff all about snooker these days and have never heard of Jordan ‘Bomber Brown’ Brown an suspect he is not one of the favourites to win? I’ll take an interest in the thing now, at least until BB is knocked out.

Thanks for organising, Crodo

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Some great matches so far. Judd Trump did well to get through in a high pressure match and John Higgins looks as good as always at the Crucible.

Currently watching Ding Junhui 9-8 Mark King. What a battle. Hope the Chinese Dragon progresses.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Some great matches so far. Judd Trump did well to get through in a high pressure match and John Higgins looks as good as always at the Crucible.

Currently watching Ding Junhui 9-8 Mark King. What a battle. Hope the Chinese Dragon progresses.

A great game, Pot Noodle was in real trouble but ultimately showed his quality, a fine effort from the Royal King though.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A great game, Pot Noodle was in real trouble but ultimately showed his quality, a fine effort from the Royal King though.

Royal, my arse! He's from one of the roughest areas in Essex. :lolol:

Kurt Marlin got through in a real late night battle. Naughty gesture though when he missed going for a 147. He can expect a small fine from Barry Hearn. If Ronnie O'Sullivan played opponents as attacking as the Thai he's thrashing, then a sixth world title would be his. We just know that a tactical player will get inside his head eventually.........

Mark 'Jester from Leicester' Selby begins tonight. I think he'll have a good tournament.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
What would NSC be without a completely fair and impartial sweepstake by Crodo with the integrity of the draw verified by no less than Gurjit from Accounts?

In! :thumbsup:

This piece of flattery was apparently sufficient to secure you the second favourite (Rocket Ronnie) while draw organiser Crodo had the remarkable good fortune to be allocated in-form World Champion, with six ranking event titles already under his belt this season, Judd Trump...

Well played. [emoji23][emoji23]

fisons

Feb 21, 2005
The so called Jester from Leicester once again proving that this is the most inappropriate epithet in the sporting pantheon. Not only is he engaged in a bodgathon with Bomber Brown but now he's prodding the pink round the table despite needing a snooker on the black which is over a pocket. #TSCJFL

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Fascinating match tonight in the Round of 16 between ball run and the Welsh potting machine. Fancy ball run to nick this one, both potential winners.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Pinner Potter also looks to be causing another huge upset by unceremoniously dumping out 'On Fire' Maguire.

:ohmy:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
John Higgins made the first 147 for eight years at the Crucible yesterday. It didn't prevent him crashing out though, 13-11 to Norway's Kurt Maflin in a terrific match.

Judd Trump needs to up his game today to avoid 'the Crucible curse'. Although only 3-5 down, Yan is quite a talent for someone that's just turned 20. Hopefully the Ace in the pack can tame the Chinese Tiger.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
The Welsh Potting Machine (other nationalities are available, which makes this nickname a bit crap) through to the QFs. Seeing too many mistakes in Williams' game to think he can progress further, so hope he proves me wrong.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Welsh Potting Machine (other nationalities are available, which makes this nickname a bit crap) through to the QFs. Seeing too many mistakes in Williams' game to think he can progress further, so hope he proves me wrong.

The Welsh Potting Machine has got the Rocket next up, battle of the golden oldies. Should be a classic but just can't see him defeating the rocket on current form.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Jester from Leicester is absolutely destroying the Thunder from Down Under. :ohmy:

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Very pleased with how Kyren Wilson is doing against the world's OTHER Trump so far. But also it's clear that Judd is below his general standard, which won't continue throughout the whole match.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Semi finals today and two absolute crackers to look forward to.....
[MENTION=33885]Badger Boy[/MENTION] - 'The Warrior' Kyren Wilson v [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] - 'The Smiling Assassin' Anthony MaGill
hart's shirt - 'The Rocket' Ronnie O'Sulivan v [MENTION=97]Toronto Seagull[/MENTION] - 'The Jester from Leicester' Mark Selby

Good luck all those remaining.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Used to love Ronnie. I find the relentless negativity tiresome now

I know what you mean, but I also think his little hand grenades also create a debate about the game too.

The semi finals here are contested by age: 28 v 29, 44 v 37.

Go back to Ronnie's debut appearance in 1993, and the semi final by age was: 24 v 22, 24 v 31.

So he seems to want to create headlines, but it does make you ask the question, where are the young guns busting through, and if they're not, is that not a question worth looking at, even if Ronnie's method is pretty blunt and disrespectful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here