Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton: Top of the VAR charts

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only one that I can remember as being “lucky” was Connolly’s VAR awarded penalty against Everton at the Amex. That was very harsh on the player who was looking up as he trod on Connolly’s foot.

Didn’t we come top of the table for “most points lost due to incorrect decisions” the season before last too?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
We had some shockers against us though. Remember the arsenal goal at their place? They didn’t even celebrate it because luiz was so far offside!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Although didn’t we have more go against us?

Dan Burn caused two didn’t he? Marginally offside vs Bournemouth for his goal and didn’t we have one chalked off at home against West Ham? There must have been more?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
That same article also highlights just how rubbish we have been at home in the last season, 4th from bottom. That desperately needs improving next season, whatever happened to fortress Amex?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
That same article also highlights just how rubbish we have been at home in the last season, 4th from bottom. That desperately needs improving next season, whatever happened to fortress Amex?

Not sure but maybe it illustrates that when we're on the front foot we're leaving too much space at the back.

To be honest most of those games seem so long ago now I can hardly remember our style of play in them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It just highlights the refs' unconscious bias against #TeamsLikeBrighton.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting we picked up 22 points from home, didn't realise we were that bad. 19 away is decent though

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Interesting we picked up 22 points from home, didn't realise we were that bad. 19 away is decent though

We are on the players backs with the first tippy tappy stuff from Ryan to the defenders. Must suck the confidence out of the players

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The only one that I can remember as being “lucky” was Connolly’s VAR awarded penalty against Everton at the Amex. That was very harsh on the player who was looking up as he trod on Connolly’s foot.

Didn’t we come top of the table for “most points lost due to incorrect decisions” the season before last too?

The only other lucky decision I can remember us getting was the Stephens penalty at Burnley, but that was never going to be overturned with the ref right over it

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Nowt wrong with the VAR technology it's the interpretation of the evidence by humans which buggers it all up , when it boils down to it the system is fundamentally flawed because it's based upon 1 persons interpretation of the evidence provided , in other words it's all a load of old bollox .

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It shows that referees seem to give a lot of incorrect decisions against us at this level. I think we would have finished higher with VAR the season before as well as I remember some real shockers (e.g. Cardiff’s offside winner).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here