Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] #Teams Like Brighton

el punal

With our adopted tongue-in-cheek descriptive label (thank you Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Chelsea fans for daring us to take points off you) got me thinking about derogatory “labels” for other clubs, with all due respect. So I’ll start with Plucky (which I love in describing Bournemouth), we’ve now got the Champions of Europe replacing them. There’s Massive, who think they are but are not, apart from some of their fans. There are loads more. I look forward to your contributions, thang ya!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
With our adopted tongue-in-cheek descriptive label (thank you Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham, Chelsea fans for daring us to take points off you) got me thinking about derogatory “labels” for other clubs, with all due respect. So I’ll start with Plucky (which I love in describing Bournemouth), we’ve now got the Champions of Europe replacing them. There’s Massive, who think they are but are not, apart from some of their fans. There are loads more. I look forward to your contributions, thang ya!

Although it could be argued that is merely re-cycling the descriptive we bemoan that others attach to us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cheaterfield

Chelski

Then the childish ones

Manure
Stains
Palarse

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It should be Chelsky (like Tchaikovsky) rather than Chelski. They're owned by a Russian, not a Pole.

But that battle was probably lost long ago.

But not for most of the 20th century :jester:

#HistoryBurn. :lol:

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
Every so often I suggest Craptors for that lot up the road, but it's roundly ignored.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
No mention yet of "Creepy"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here