Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bournemouth to sue hawk eye

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Bournemouth to discuss taking legal action against Hawk-Eye.

The goal-line tech firm apologised after their system failed to give a goal for Sheffield United against Aston Villa.

thoughts....

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

The goal-line tech firm apologised after their system failed to give a goal for Sheffield United against Aston Villa.

thoughts....

Thoughts are that Muff should keep their pride, stop the law suit and take their relegation like men.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Should have been a goal and the system failed massively.

But it cant be known what would have happened if the goal had been given in the rest of that match and all remaining fixtures.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
They did say their system was foolproof.

On that basis the refs association made a ruling that it could never be over-ruled.

They should be sued.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008

thoughts....
A successful action could put Hawkeye out of business and the horrible Villa down

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Will achieve nothing, but it is an outrage.

It might. They might get a bit of compo

Muff could threaten to sue for the cost of the relegation, knowing that would bankrupt Hawkeye and make them uninsurable in the future.

Hawkeye, knowing they would face oblivion in the small chance of them losing will be advised to make the pragmatic choice of settling, probably for a few million. Could cover King and Wilson's wages for a few months.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I wonder if there i any SLA. Does hawkeye guarantee 100% success? It would be a bold claim if it did, otherwise tough shit. Its a process issue and thus var is at actually fault IMO

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
They signed up to Premier League rules which state that the technology might not work and that in that case the referee's decision stands. So no chance.

And anyway, if the goal had been given, Villa would have played the second half with a different approach. You can't say for sure that the match would have ended 1-0 to Sheffield United.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

thoughts....

They are desperate, financial troubles loom, I can see the backers pulling out, they are not built for the Championship with crowds the main income and transfers, much like the Doncasters, Rotherhams, etc, all low gates trying to swim and compete with big teams, crowds and bigger budgets. The parachute payments won't save them.
When the backers arrived they stayed just one year in the championship and then relied on the tv money in the Premier League, they could not have done it if they had to stay and build slowly to get up, there team would have been picked apart each close season.

They will go into administration and be playing Lewes in four years time.

BHAFC97

Jul 28, 2020
Eastbourne
They will get some sort compensation but that is the best they will get, nothing will be changed in terms of relegation and unfortunately we will have to deal with Villa again next season.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It might. They might get a bit of compo

Muff could threaten to sue for the cost of the relegation, knowing that would bankrupt Hawkeye and make them uninsurable in the future.

Hawkeye, knowing they would face oblivion in the small chance of them losing will be advised to make the pragmatic choice of settling, probably for a few million. Could cover King and Wilson's wages for a few months.

There’s no chance of Hawkeye losing:

Under the heading ‘Match Validity’ — which incorporates technology advances — the rulebook states: ‘In principle, a match is not invalidated because of malfunction of the VAR technology (as for goal-line technology).’

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I would say the issue is with VAR. Yes hawkeye failed but VAR could see that the ball had gone in.

Agree with you, I think Bournemouth are targeting the wrong people, as this was probably a freakish, one in a thousand, possibly unavoidable error. The real sin was with the VAR system in its failing to bring it back, acknowledge the clear error, and award the goal. I don’t think Bournemouth will win here, but it might just prompt the Football Officiating Overseers and Lawmakers (FOOLS) into tightening things up in this area.

Fromthesouth

Apr 30, 2016
Maybe we should change it around a bit and say, if it was us would we be OK with the outcome, or would we want to sue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here