Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex team looking rather thin

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sussex have a friendly with Hampshire and have named one of their weakest batting line-ups since the dark days.

No Archer, Salt and Evans (away with England). No SVZ and Wiese (stuck in SA) No Wright (no red ball cricket these days) No Jordan (op)

We have Garton at 7 and Ollie R at 8. And three youngsters Haines, Rawlins and Clark.

Let's hope we have the Wells of three years ago and not last year's model or we could be in for a real pasting.

Our first competitive game is Sat, we have to hope that Salt and Evans are back for it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Looking at the fixtures only 2 of our last 8 games are at home which will be rather frustrating should there be any public admission in a few weeks.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
..looking at the BBCs fixtures we've got 5 home games and 8 away

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just realised that Bopara is not there either - I thought he'd signed for all forms of cricket

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sussex have a friendly with Hampshire and have named one of their weakest batting line-ups since the dark days.

No Archer, Salt and Evans (away with England). No SVZ and Wiese (stuck in SA) No Wright (no red ball cricket these days) No Jordan (op)

We have Garton at 7 and Ollie R at 8. And three youngsters Haines, Rawlins and Clark.

Let's hope we have the Wells of three years ago and not last year's model or we could be in for a real pasting.

Our first competitive game is Sat, we have to hope that Salt and Evans are back for it.

My thoughts were the same. The weakest Sussex batting line up....ever? Although I’ve Kind of written off this season. If one Or two of those Young players make strides in readiness for next year then I’d take that.
Harry Finch is lucky he’s got another chance. I hope he takes it.
What do you make of the likes of Clark and Haines, [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My thoughts were the same. The weakest Sussex batting line up....ever? Although I’ve Kind of written off this season. If one Or two of those Young players make strides in readiness for next year then I’d take that.
Harry Finch is lucky he’s got another chance. I hope he takes it.
What do you make of the likes of Clark and Haines, [MENTION=25]Gwylan[/MENTION] ?

Haines is highly rated, I hope he cracks on. I don't know much about Clark but he's an England U19 international so he must have something about him. Rawlins is decent, I hope he does something this year.

I can't see Finch making it as a f/c cricketer though, much as I'd like to see him do so.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Haines is highly rated, I hope he cracks on. I don't know much about Clark but he's an England U19 international so he must have something about him. Rawlins is decent, I hope he does something this year.

I can't see Finch making it as a f/c cricketer though, much as I'd like to see him do so.

I thought Rawlins was out of contract . I take it he has signed....

Poor form if we don’t tie him in for the long term.

I really hope Harry proves people wrong this year. There’s a FC cricketer in there somewhere but it’s a case of score runs or find another profession.

I saw Garton at Bristol last year and was hugely impressed. He was more accurate than I expected and the Gloucs
Batsmen were backing away. Let’s hope his injuries are behind him.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Finch already bettering last season’s form before rain stopped him.

Who is Carson, all-rounder, bowler?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Rather underwhelmed by County Cricket this Season, for the first time in 20 plus years I may not bother going to a match.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Haines was really poor last season though, I would have thought this is a big season for him, as his contract must be up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The blessing for me is that, for the first time since I was 11, I don't give a hoot this year. I'm concentrating on scoring and umpiring for my own team and watching the international stuff.

That said, I hope Sussex are in good shape next year and that the youngsters are thriving. I do like my visits to Hove.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hampshire were 108-2 at lunch and were all out for 150. I know it's only a friendly but that's some collapse

Mind you, Sussex's bowling isn't the problem, it's the batting that's the issue

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here