Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries this season - not too bad?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I get the general impression that we've had fewer injuries this season. Does anyone know the numbers, and is that true?

We seem to have done particularly well to avoid those niggly 'out for five games' injuries.

Of course, Izzy wouldn't agree with me - and BDB had the freak injury from a fall.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
You're right, and we've fared well on this front since we've been in the PL. It's only Izquierdo that has been out for a prolonged period which predates this season.
Both Alzate and Connolly were carrying knocks for a while.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Andone
Burn
Izquierdo
Connolly
Alzate
Trossard

There’s been a few

I accept that but Izzy was from last year, Andone not whilst paying for us, Burn was a shoulder injury from a fall (could happen to anyone). We used to get lots of injuries caused by turned knees, strains, small tears and so on. It was blamed on pitches, medical team, training regime etc. We seem to have had fewer of those this season. I wonder if something has changed?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Really good year from the injury perspective. Careful matching for all players (young & old) not in the peak, fittest years + apparently good work from the physio team led to fewer muscle injuries than most teams, I would assume. And then some luck with the other type of injuries that are harder to be preventive about - from physical impact on the pitch etc.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Really good year from the injury perspective. Careful matching for all players (young & old) not in the peak, fittest years + apparently good work from the physio team led to fewer muscle injuries than most teams, I would assume. And then some luck with the other type of injuries that are harder to be preventive about - from physical impact on the pitch etc.

SSP is poor if you're used to zillions, focuses the mind

Artie Fufkin

like to run
Mar 30, 2008
out running
Kudos must go to Adam Brett and the wider medical, sports science and S&C teams for another outstandingly successful season in keeping the vast majority of players' fitness and conditioning at a supremely high level over such a long period of time this season.

Not including pre-season, nearly a full year from Aug. 9 2019 - July 26 2020, plus a difficult extended break deep into the season to contend with.

:clap2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Kudos must go to Adam Brett and the wider medical, sports science and S&C teams for another outstandingly successful season in keeping the vast majority of players' fitness and conditioning at a supremely high level over such a long period of time this season.

Not including pre-season, nearly a full year from Aug. 9 2019 - July 26 2020, plus a difficult extended break deep into the season to contend with.

100% this. Very noticeable improvement

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
I get the general impression that we've had fewer injuries this season. Does anyone know the numbers, and is that true?

We seem to have done particularly well to avoid those niggly 'out for five games' injuries.

Of course, Izzy wouldn't agree with me - and BDB had the freak injury from a fall.

It's a long way down for him :moo:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rotating the team regularly as we do probably helps, they don't spend enough time playing to get injured.

I guess our possession based game does as well. Gently caressing the ball around the pitch with single touches must be better than chasing and charging around and flying into tackles?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think injury prevention is a big part of the team rotation plan. Every time we've had two games in close succession we've made 4 or 5 changes and then early subs.

I expect to see similar next season and a similar "cup team strategy" to the one we saw this season

D

Deleted member 2719

Agree, I see this department key in our Premier development and would give them a full 10 out of 10 this season. I also have to assume Potter is open to their advice and acts accordingly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No update on Vicente for a while. Hope he's fit for next season.

I get the sense he's been physically fine for years now. We just have to ring him on the morning of each game to see if he "fancies it" or not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here