NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Happy 65th Birthday to the BHAFC LEGEND Peter Ward

What was your favorite moment ? Ward 4 Mellor 3

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
2nd April 1977, home v Mansfield. Two goals from Peter Ward. Think there had been a few verbals from Mansfield before the game re how they were going to stop him. Ward was wound up and by the second half was taking the piss by dribbling around players twice. He was unplayable that game.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patreon
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
2011 and the privilege of collecting Peter and his lovely wife Jaquie from Gatwick Airport (for the REMF game) and running them back as well. Nearly 4 hours talking to my all time favourite player, priceless! And what a great memory he has of his time with The Albion, complete legend, they say you should never meet your hero's, bollox to that, he was fantastic.

:clap:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not since then have I gone to watch an individual as well as the team. In every game win or lose he would do something that we would talk about after.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
With my first game being in 1979 and a friend's birthday party, I may only have seen him live once or twice and was too young to remember much about it. Only a few games a year in the early years as my dad wasn't a fan and took some nagging to take me so don't know if I saw him play in his second spell.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
2011 and the privilege of collecting Peter and his lovely wife Jaquie from Gatwick Airport (for the REMF game) and running them back as well. Nearly 4 hours talking to my all time favourite player, priceless! And what a great memory he has of his time with The Albion, complete legend, they say you should never meet your hero's, bollox to that, he was fantastic.

:clap:

They're top aren't they?

Had the priviledge to play pool against him in the last REMF pool night (a few others on here went, I think Bozza, Worthingite, Wardy's Twin and THPP as well as US). Needless to say he beat me in the semi final :(

Happy birthday Wardy!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Happy Birthday, Wardy!

By far the single biggest influence on me being an Albion fan for 44 years and counting. He was spellbinding.

el punal

Happy 65th Birthday to the BHAFC LEGEND Peter Ward

What was your favorite moment ? Ward 4 Mellor 3

Probably, among many. I think my abiding memory of Wardy was the way he could turn on a sixpence. He would have his back to a defender, receive the ball, and spin past him in a flash, run straight to goal one on one with the keeper and slot it away. The perfect example of that was on Bill Kitchener at Millwall (1977/78) when we won 1-0.

Still my all time Albion hero. :bowdown:

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The barmily exciting thing about Wardy was, that first second when balletic grace saw him escape from some (lumpen) attempt to stop him and he was off - BANG. As soon as he escaped you just knew what was going to happen. Don’t think football’s played like that any more - but when it was, he was one of the very best.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Probably, among many. I think my abiding memory of Wardy was the way he could turn on a sixpence. He would have his back to a defender, receive the ball, and spin past him in a flash, run straight to goal one on one with the keeper and slot it away. The perfect example of that was on Bill Kitchener at Millwall (1977/78) when we won 1-0.

Still my all time Albion hero. :bowdown:

Went to that game. Remember sitting in a cafe in The Old Kent road, the 'Treatment' walked in and out in single file looking for Albion fans.
Stood behind the goal where Wardy scored, only time I never celebrated an Albion goal. Also remembering him injuring his arm.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Went to that game. Remember sitting in a cafe in The Old Kent road, the 'Treatment' walked in and out in single file looking for Albion fans.
Stood behind the goal where Wardy scored, only time I never celebrated an Albion goal. Also remembering him injuring his arm.

Was at that one too. What a goal that was. We were near Millwall fans. Just after the goal one of them shouted, 'Ward, you're a f@cking w@anker'. Ward heard it clear as anything, turned round to the fan, smiled and nodded. Just sheer excitement in that era whenever he got the ball.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Happy birthday Wardy

You ****ing legend!

So many

Hereford debut

U-23's hat-trick

First minute goal against Derby

That goal against Man Utd

How long you got

Hat-trick at a freezing Molineux

LEGEND!

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
They were tremendously exciting times and we went to each game knowing that goals were virtually guaranteed with Ward in the side - this was at a lower level of course than we are now, but it was wonderful entertainment.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He was a good looking guy as well and a perm suited him as well. Obviously I'm thinking in how the ladies thought of him.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
One of my close relatives managed to get hold of a Peter Ward football shirt back in the day with Pete's name printed on the back tab. It ended up being worn as a night shirt and eventually given to the BHA museum (I think). I saw him play his 1st game for us at Hereford - 'who the hell is this Peter Ward, taking the place of Fred Binney' was the mutterings amongst the fans. Great player and happy birthday.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
He was a good looking guy as well and a perm suited him as well. Obviously I'm thinking in how the ladies thought of him.
:kiss:???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here