Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Your Most Detestable Player

el punal

Yes, there have been quite few really annoying, devious, deceitful, want-to-punch-their-face-in, whining, whinging scrotes that get our goat over the years. They always seem to turn in their best performances against us and manufacture dubious refereeing decisions against us as well. En masse we loathe them but have, sort of, a grudging respect. Zaha fits that bill, for opposition fans it would have been Knockaert and now Maupay.

In my opinion, as of now, the creme de la creme of detestability, the award goes to Sock Boy - Jack Grealish. :rant:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Joey Barton. Without a doubt. He’s a nasty and violent person but what really elevates him above all others is the way he tries to make himself look educated and cultured. That BBC thing where he went to an art gallery, Jesus wept. Utterly embarrassing. And when he went on Question Time, billed as the footballing philosopher or something, and made himself look a total pollock. His googling and Tweeting of Nietzsche quotes.

Grealish and Terry are bell-ends, don’t get me wrong, but they don’t try to be something they’re not.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Zaha
Grealish

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Joey Barton. Without a doubt. He’s a nasty and violent person but what really elevates him above all others is the way he tries to make himself look educated and cultured. That BBC thing where he went to an art gallery, Jesus wept. Utterly embarrassing. And when he went on Question Time, billed as the footballing philosopher or something, and made himself look a total pollock. His googling and Tweeting of Nietzsche quotes.

Grealish and Terry are bell-ends, don’t get me wrong, but they don’t try to be something they’re not.

You forgot putting on french accent...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Exactly my thoughts.

Plenty of players I dislike for a variety of reasons, but detest?
Only one.

The man is an absolute thug, who deludes himself that he is a cultured intellectual.
Clearly has issues, but his violent nature is still there, barely concealed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Dirty Leeds
Keane (always disappeared when Stuart Pearce was on the pitch)
Barton
Currently Grealish, but non league compared to the others

and just for this

Him

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Barton wins, as usual in these threads.

Then Bellamy, then Keane then Lineker.

Lineker? WTF? The bloke who wasn't even booked in his career? Do you work for Seabrook or something?

Barton has to be a clear winner and I'm surprised that Terry doesn't feature more prominently.

What was the name of that Israeli bloke who seemed to cause trouble wherever he went?

I have a lot more time for Zaha after his response to Covid - I can't detest him

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

I bought his book in The Works.
It was reduced to £1. Even so, Still felt dirty for topping up his bank account.
It’s crap, by the way.

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Trouble with Grealish is that he is genuinely a very good footballer.

Barton was a CJTC.

What I really detest are people from any walk of life who actually believe they are deserving of being feted, that their shit does not stink, that they actually are of better, higher quality flesh and blood. Whatever happened to Ashley Cole?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Joey Barton - never forget him jumping up and down on someone’s leg - was it Beram Kayal?
Jay Rodriguez - remember Gaetan Bong.
Jonjo Shelvey - similarly a racist thug.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here